Sr Director, Product Management – Next Gen Payments
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you excited to build the next generation of payment products and services? Do you want to convert your ideas into innovative solutions? Do you want to be part of building and delivering solutions at global scale applying local needs that delight our users?
The Sr. Director, Product Management role is responsible for building API’s, UX, and Platform services in one of the fastest growing areas in the Consumer Payments Next Gen Payments organization and bringing innovative use cases to life at scale. In addition, you will look at defining solutions across our assets as well as across partnerships or acquisitions that solve needs on alternative lending use cases for our global markets.
You will work closely with customers, product teams, as well as technology partners to design and build our next gen alternative lending payment systems. You will be central to building a team of top talent product managers with a passion to develop innovative products and services.
- Build, lead, and inspire a team of high performing product managers by attracting top talent and creating an innovative environment for team members to excel
- Define the product and customer experience with executable business requirements and user stories while managing scope of each release cycle
- Develop innovative products and services that leverages assets in our ecosystem based on deep customer insights and a strong understanding of the future of global payments
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Platform and API product strategy that feeds into roadmap
- Create and manage global product roadmaps, prioritization, and ensure consistent execution of the product lifecycle process from ideation to launch.
- Balance technical and commercial acumen, and communicate solution feasibility that drive the biggest impact on the business and value to the customers
- Understand evolving needs and challenges of clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants, and ensure products are tailored to meet those needs
- Own experience, product and business outcomes
- Keep abreast of industry trends and the competitive landscape in the payment space
- Incumbent must make themselves available to speak with partners in various international time zones
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with Masters/MBA/JD/MD; or a minimum of 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with an agile development team
- Bachelors’ degree in business management, computer science or information technology
- Customer champion with a proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs
- Hands on experience with agile software development practices; strong technical background and a proven ability to work with a team of developers
- Graduate degree in business management, computer science or information technology, including at least 8 years of experience leading teams in payments arena
- Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, and ability to drive for results
- Experienced to develop talent from within and recruit talent that can inject new perspectives and experiences
- Deep background in payments and product management with a proven record of scaling products
- Deep experience with all aspects of product development life cycle, including planning, product management, and development. Customer centric mindset.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on client success. Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate. Demonstrated passion for driving payments innovation
- Travel requirements are approximately 20%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.