Global Communications Director - Numerics Initiative (8-digit BIN)
- Foster City, California, United States
This Director in Visa’s Global Network Product group will lead development of content, employee communications and support the client engagement strategy as per the business objectives for the global Numerics Initiative. The primary intent of the initiative is to implement the new industry standard for extending BIN length from six digits to eight digits by Visa’s announced implementation date of April 2022. The initiative also affects a number of other Visa-assigned numeric identifiers and will have broad impacts across all Visa stakeholders.
The role will be responsible for leading all aspects of internal and external communication for the initiative with support from cross-functional colleagues including, but not limited to Client Support, Sales, Technology, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Product, Risk and Legal to ensure the Corporate Communications function supports the objectives of the wider business units.
- Create and develop global business relevant content that can be leveraged across multiple communication platforms for both internal and external stakeholders / clients
- Developing thought leadership content for senior executives and business functions
- Adapt Visa’s content assets from across functions and geographies for local markets
Develop the internal communications strategy and lead the development/delivery of informative and engaging communications regarding all initiative activities to all levels in the organization up to and including the Operating Committee members
Coordinate cross-functional team input with Core initiative team members including, but not limited to CSS, Risk, IT, Product, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Cybersource, DPS
Close collaboration with business owner and business project manager to ensure activities are managed and tracked appropriately
Liase with Legal to gain approval for artifacts produced
Work with appropriate communications resources in several different business units on content development for VOL, Visa.com, Visa Business School, VBN articles, technical letter article and webinars.
Work with business owners of Visa products, services and applications to ensure messaging is aligned with initiative messaging
Prepare materials and present as needed to the Numerics Steering Committee and other Senior Management forums
Work with Comms leads for Account executives and account managers to coordinate recurring briefings
- Developing the strategy and managing the execution of a comprehensive plan, in cooperation with local management and staff in all regions, to communicate to key stakeholders including issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and 3rd party agents
- Lead Visa’s content creation program for the team
- Business ownership for technical letter articles pertaining to the Numerics Initiative
- Make presentations and deliver communications to operational management and staff as well as business leaders and executives from our clients and stakeholders
- Manage central program email box which receives inquiries from clients as well as internal staff regarding 8-digit BIN and related numerics initiatives
- Ensure consistent messaging is used with all communication channels such as: www.visa.com, www.visaonline.com, www.visabusinessschool.com, Visa Business News, guides, best practices and FAQs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Communications/Public Relations, English, Journalism, or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years progressively responsible experience in communications roles
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and
- Proven ability to effectively draft, edit, present and proofread communications materials – PowerPoint presentations, Visa Business News articles, Global technical letter articles, fact sheets, FAQs, talking points, and executive briefing documents
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Client service orientation that seeks to efficiently and effectively deliver quality results. Skills will include: analysis, planning, prioritization and direction setting
- Experience in multi-faceted program/project management, decision-making, and driving
results in cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams
- Diplomatic skills needed to drive results in a consensus-oriented environment
- Experience managing business issues and navigating/synthesizing various viewpoints
- Ability to provide counsel to business and senior leadership
- Knowledge of Visa processing and Client Licensing processes a big plus
- Financial services experience an asset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.