Technical Product Manager - Data Product Development, Digital Marketing Experience
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Digital Marketing Experience team is looking for a strong technology Product Manager that will be responsible for delivering programs within Visa's Digital product and service offerings (Visa.com, Digital Properties, and Marketing Applications). This role is for a visionary product manager who will work with cross functional teams spanning multiple product and technology disciplines. Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. Product Managers in our digital experience team have full accountability for capability definition and strategic roadmap decision making. This role will direct and collaborate with the other members of the program leadership team determine what our business partners need and get the requirements to the engineering organization.
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 6 years of combined experience in product development functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in an internet services, digital, website development environment, or mobile technology platforms is highly desirable. The candidate will have a successful history of leading complex development efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product specifications. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives. Visa is looking for an innovative, hands on leader, with a track history of high performance that will drive change to their engineering team and to Visa’s bottom line.
- Product owner & Product manager for multiple software engineering teams who are accountable for releasing features in support of Visa.com and Visa’s Marketing Technologies.
- Taking full accountability for capability definition, scoping and requirements.
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within an Agile framework.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with management ideas and recommendations for optimizing business operations, resources and fixed capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Business case creation, ROI definition and measurement.
- A smart, passionate technologist who possess a curious mindset that has a history of asking “why?”.
- Background in gathering stakeholder needs and documenting them as an Agile Product Owner.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and package implementation, delivery and design).
- 5+ years of experience in a hands on software engineering role or 6+ years of product/project/program management or engineering experience preferably with external customer facing web software projects.
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business requirements and long term product goals.
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.