Senior Business Optimization Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Sr. Business Optimization Analyst – Job Description
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the Client Services (CS) organization, the Sr. Business Optimization Analyst will help to deliver this vision to our clients around the globe. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks, acquirers and merchants. Further, you will support internal stakeholders to develop robust data assets, reporting capabilities, and KPI dashboards to monitor performance and uncover critical insights to ensuring our clients are deploying Visa products successfully and operating at an optimum performance level.
· Help to architect and build data assets, reporting tools, and dashboards utilizing Visa’s big data capabilities. Solve for millions and billions, not hundreds and thousands.
· Support development of both standard and customized operational reports across various measures
· Provide data support for Visa clients, team members and other internal resources as needed
· Take ownership of data and reporting suites, researching and implementing better methods to streamline data collection and reporting efforts
· Ensure reporting is impactful and meaningful for the business – visibility is important, but success is not measured in the number of reports you create; how they impact our business decision making is what matters
· Work effectively with internal/external resources to define analytical objectives/data requirements, obtain data and perform in-depth analyses to achieve a defined business objective
· Examine data sources and ensure that reporting and presentations are accurate and logical
· Guide more junior team members to create more efficient and effective analyses
· Present data to management and team members in a straight forward, understandable manner
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
Requires minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in analytics or related field
A 4 year college degree in a quantitative field is desirable
High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and SQL skills required. Python programming skills is highly desirable. Experience with ETL and other automation tool is a plus.
Experience visualizing data with tools like Tableau is required. Advanced Tableau skills are highly desirable.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.