Senior Software Engineer - Identity and Access Management
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across) globally. To stay ahead of the rapidly changing security landscape especially with globalization of Visa's business and newer form factors of access via new devices, IOT etc., has direct impact on IAM Services. IAM team is rapidly growing and has a global presence in Singapore, Beijing, Bangalore, London, Austin and Foster City.
Are you interested to be part of a dynamic diverse team of industry’s leading IAM/Security professionals?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation IAM technology stack at Visa.
What is important for us:
- Security First – Our team focusses on security in everything we do and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to like minds.
- Curiosity – Be curious; ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
- Ownership – We have clients and customers who embodies complete trust on us because we show them we own what we do in every sense. We expect every team member completely own the activity he/she is responsible.
- Agility – Be open for a change and acclimate to them.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science or related degree
- 2 years of solid hands' on experience as a programmer/developer with specialization in Java, J2EE, and Python
- 2 to 4 Years of Solid hands-on experience as programmer/developer with specialization in Java, J2EE and Python
- Strong inter-personnel, analytical & communication skills
- Command on data modeling, query optimization on different data stores (Relational, NoSQL)
- Experience building platform APIs and SDKs
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Establish strong engineering best practices.
- Own deliverables from ideation to production operationalization.
- Design, develop and testing of IAM components: Services in SOAP/REST, Core Java, JS Frameworks and Python.
- Implement Data Analytics using Spark or Python.
- Develop metrics and insight generation to drive the understanding and progression of IAM product and excellence using Tableau or d3js.
- Deploying & Using 3rd party IAM products like Oracle Identity Manager, Azure AD, Sail point, Elastic Search, Kafka or ForgeRock.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will require Incumbent to travel 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. this position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephone and computers, reach with hands and arms, bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.