Director, Data Product Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Loyalty Platforms will be responsible for delivering and managing Visa Offers Platform. As key member of the Loyalty and Benefits team, this role will head and focus on global loyalty platform strategy, platform roadmap, and business requirements for new enhancements and new platform builds. In addition, the role involves working with the extended Visa Loyalty Products Global and Regional teams to identify gaps and new requirements for deploying solutions to market that meet issuer and merchant needs.
- Responsible for delivery and management of Visa Offers Platform.
- Responsible to execute on platform strategies to drive platform expansion goals for the Global loyalty line of business
- Work with internal stakeholders to enhance, deliver and manage platform
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Develop and present business cases for new platform ideas.
- Hire and retain world-class talents to deliver data platform projects.
- BS/MS in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 3 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Extensive technical experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, Rest, databases, Java or .Net, Big data. Analytics experience is a plus.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Experience on one of the in-memory databases is a plus
- Proven experience with messaging technologies like Kafka, Rabbit MQ or JMS , IBM MQ
- Experience with Mobile originated commands and SMS short codes is a plus
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Dynamic leader who can directly manage team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
- Strong business and technical vision
- Proven experience on Data security and Privacy.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of end to end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.