Associate Technical Support Analyst
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The CyberSource Associate Technical Support Analyst (Technical Support Engineer) provide phone and web support to our growing number of direct customers and channel resellers. This includes assisting new customers with the initial set up of CyberSource's online payment services, educating customers on the use of our online business management tools, reports and continuing to resolve any issues our customers might face. The TSE role globally represents the second line of support for CyberSource's products. The TSE will have significant interaction (phone, emails and web ticketing) with our customers and our internal engineering team on standard payment questions, API integrations, and cutting edge offerings such as ApplePay and token services. TSE's quickly identify and resolve first and second level technical problems. You will be an outstanding teammate who enjoys working with others, including internal engineering and operational teams, to solve demanding customer issues. The size of the CS team creates a varied role with the need for an ability to act in multiple capacities at a time. Technical Support Engineers are great teammates with the ability to deliver results in a dynamic and ever changing environment with superb communication and time management skills. They have excellent customer service skills and the ability to comprehend technical topics and present them to non-technical users.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with our clients through multiple contact channels in a fast-paced environment
- Understand client needs and tackle problems
- Think creatively about technical issues and find ways to change showstoppers into positive ways forward
- Work closely with internal teams and external partners to deep dive
- Manage escalation workflows using our systems to ensure nothing falls to the bottom of the to-do list
- Keep current on product releases and updates
- Share the knowledge among your fellow troubleshooters
What you'll bring:
- A passion for solving problems.
- A way with words that makes technical topics easy to understand
- A keen eye for getting to the root cause of an issue
- A love of helping people
- An ability to manage multiple needs and keep them all on track
- A strong ethos towards helping the team win
- A basic understanding of code (Java, C/C++, Perl, etc.), network protocols and infrastructure
A few cherries on top:
- Extended knowledge of code, network protocols and infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience in a service environment juggling multiple interactions or issues
- Exposure to payments or financial services
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a real passion for problem solving
- Quickly evaluate information, and make quick decisions based on multiple factors
- Handle multiple service requests with strict time limits on an ongoing basis
- Ability to multi-task, continually re-prioritize cases and work under pressure
- 2 or more years of work experience
- 2+ years of Tier 2 level Technical Helpdesk experience preferred
- MIS strongly preferred
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Network protocols, infrastructure, and topologies
- Prior knowledge of online payment processing and/or banking industry is a plus
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.