Senior Java Software Engineer - Payments / Funds
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What's the job? As part of the Network Processing Product Development organization, you will be responsible for system development, implementation, maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system where it is needed. You'll provide rotational 24/7 on call support for problem resolution. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for Senior Java Software Engineer with software development and design experience. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can code and build amazing, high-performing, and bug-free products.
Experience in Java, Spring, SQL and Linux is necessary. You lead and encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate in order to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and consumer facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere, the place where their personal, professional and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
• Develop programs for enhancing Visa's critical Clearing and Settlement systems
• Collaborate with business units and technical staff to design appropriate solutions.
• Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
• Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
• Build and maintain effective relationships across disciplines in order to provide superior product support.
• Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy demonstrating re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
• Work to ensure technology decisions are "business" driven.
• Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
• Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
• Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
• Provide rotational on-call support as scheduled.
• 5+ Years of application design and development experience.
• Experience in Java, Spring, SQL, Linux is a must.
• Experience on application development on Linux is required.
• Experience in development in a CI/CD environment and familiarity with CI/CD tools is required.
• Experience in applying modern Agile Software Development practices.
• Experience in MicroServices development is a plus.
• Experience in funds transfer or payment processing is a plus.
• Experience with designing and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry.
• Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
• Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
• Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
• Good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent career experience is required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.