Senior Software Engineer - Cloud & Security Automation (REF18710Q)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Cloud platform & Infrastructure Automation team is responsible for building Visa’s private Cloud Platform and to automate infrastructure deployment/provisioning tools that developers & infrastructure teams at Visa use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy systems, monitor, and auto-scale their applications. Security is one of the primacy focus at Visa Inc. and our team is additionally responsible to make sure we keep Visa’s servers free of any vulnerabilities. The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise in open systems technologies.
Responsibilities – what you’ll do:
• Develop new user-facing features for private cloud and vulnerability management applications.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions
• Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best patterns and our architectural target state
• Provide rotational on call support for problem analysis and resolution as scheduled or required
• Responsible for driving security (patching / vulnerability management) at Visa Inc.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
• At least 3-5 years of experience building MVC web applications using Java, Python or C# .NET Stack.
• Good understanding of HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap
• Hands on experience in database like Microsoft SQL Server, MYSQL or NoSQL database.
• Experience building and integrating secure REST APIs.
• Experience with MVC Architecture, or Spring Framework is a plus.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Experience with GIT, Jira and Jenkins is a plus.
• Write software code following best practices and must meet security requirements.
• Experience working in an agile environment with rapid prototyping cycles.
• Should be ready to go the extra mile to meet the project milestones.
• An ability to understand front-end user’s requirements and a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.