Software Engineer - Test
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our world-class talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Platform & Reliability Engineering Client Information, Clearing and Settlement (CICAS) Middleware Applications department is part of the Network Processing Platform & Reliability Engineering organization. We are responsible for CICAS Platform development and support as well as strategic infrastructure projects related to the CICAS suite of applications. We are looking for the right person to lead an up to ten person development team in Austin to work on technology transformation projects.
Visa seeks a Software Test Engineer to join the Network Processing Platform and Reliability Test Engineering team's Treasury Systems Testing stream. The candidate for this position will be responsible for testing system infrastructure solutions for business critical high visibility projects. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. This position is ideal for an experienced Test Engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. Experience in automated testing, CI/CD, and full stack software design and development is a plus.The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-throughs, testing, building and maintaining automated test solutions for multiple applications on a variety of technology stacks, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- Passion for high quality software design and engineering
- Familiarity with Selenium, QuickTest Pro, and other automation tools is desired
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or NUnit
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience building and testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- Familiarity with relational database design and implementation
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.