Lead Cybersecurity Analyst - Visa Incident Reponse Team
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Analyze computer systems and network traffic for signs of infection or compromise.
- Investigate and contribute to large and small scale computer security incident response events on a global network.
- Leverage advanced tools to identify and mitigate malicious activity, ranging from malware to potential interactive intrusions.
- Characterize suspicious activities and be able identify traits, C2, and develop network and host-based IOCs.
- Participate as part of a close team of technical specialists on coordinated responses and subsequent remediation of security incidents.
- Act as a subject matter expert on information security related issues pertaining to incident response.
- Review and analyze cyber threats and provide SME support and training to junior level security analysts.
- Improve security monitoring capabilities by researching new detection rules based on internal and external threat data.
- Define baseline security monitoring requirements for all new projects, services and applications joining the Visa network.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of related experience in cybersecurity or computer network defense.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise-level incident response team, intrusion analyst, malware analyst, or similar role.
- Direct experience handling advanced cybersecurity incidents and associated incident response toolsets.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows system internals.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network intrusion vectors.
- Strong knowledge of Web Application Security and APIs.
- Strong scripting (Python, Powershell, Perl, etc), RegEx and PCRE skills.
- Previous experience with RegEx or Snort is desirable.
- Strong knowledge in enterprise cybersecurity monitoring system.
- Ability to rapidly analyze systems for signs of infection or compromise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated skill in presenting analytical data effectively to varied (including executive) audiences
- Certifications such as GCIH, GCIA or CISSP a plus, but skill level carries more weight.