Director, Merchant and Strategic Partner Support (LAC)
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Oversees overall operational relationship and support for key LAC Merchants, Acquirers and other internal and external stakeholders, including strategic partners. The role will be responsible for supporting the execution of the merchant Client Support efforts for LAC in coordination with other Global CS merchant groups and in partnership with the Merchant Sales & Acceptance (MS&A) and innovation & Strategic Partnerhips (I&SP) teams.
- Support the creation and implementation of the Merchant and Strategic Partner Client Support role for LAC.
- Analyze market data and interact with other market teams to identify operational opportunities.
- Document and track identified opportunities through account plans and other documentation.
- Identify, develop and manage key merchant accounts strategic partners from an operational perspective.
- Manage relationship programs; add value to strategic merchants, acquirers, partners and issuers through the identification of opportunities to improve the overall operational efficiency of this diverse client set.
- Assume responsibility for measuring and monitoring the results of those activities.
- Add value to acquiring clients through the set of products and services available for the market.
- Conduct in-depth analysis with merchants, partners and their Acquirers/processors to identify opportunities to improve authorization approval rates.
- Propose adjustments to strategy when deemed necessary as market conditions evolve in LAC
- Maintain relationship with internal and external Clients to understand local market needs and trends, and gain insight on the need to enhance support approach.
- Stay abreast of new rules, products and services, and industry and technology trends to support Visa strategic goals and Client initiatives.
- Participate with other Visa Region counterparts in strategy meetings to discuss global Client concerns and issues related to the day to day support of Merchant/Acquirer and strategic partner operations.
- Advocate on behalf of all LAC clients to internal stakeholder organizations including CS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk, MS&S, I&SP and Legal.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers (digital products and services).
- Advanced knowledge of all supported product and services and how these impact clients’ business.
- Ability to manage and lead independently with minimal supervision of everyday activities
- A proven track record for making sound business decisions, setting direction and managing both short and long-term goals, achieving high quality operational results and customer commitment
- Proficiency in performing analysis and drawing conclusions from written or computer generated material and from observed trends
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Acumen to formulate short and long-term plans, adapting to changes in industry or business environments.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain highly satisfied customer relationships.
- Clearly expresses ideas using sound data through the highly proficient use of desktop tools
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and handle customer expectations
- Shown success in customer relationship management
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and confirmed abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures in network processing
- Demonstrated understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Must speak fluent English and Spanish
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.