- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa’s Corporate IT organization is made up of several teams that all work towards the same goal; To build, operate, and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business. With our mission in mind, we work to ensure the world is connected through the most advanced and innovative digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
We prioritize delightful user experiences. We do not take orders; rather, we build deep partnerships with our business partners and champion proactive new ways technology can advance our business into the future.
Our Corporate IT team is growing fast and the pace of change is only accelerating. We deeply care that, in the midst of this growth, we adopt a clear and deliberate communications posture to ensure all stakeholders maintain an awareness of and engagement in all changes. The aim of this role is to develop and implement a clear multi-stakeholder program to effectively tell Visa’s story around Corporate IT’s platforms and capabilities across our global footprint. This role involves working directly with CIT’s Chief Information Officer (CIO), leadership team, managers, team members, and other business units within Visa to understand and prioritize the organization’s opportunities to keep our team and Visa writ large engaged, informed, and recognized. This role will be part of CIT’s Business Management team which is responsible for day-to-day execution of all business management functions across approximately 800 employee and 160 projects with an annual portfolio size of ~$80M.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years PR/communications experience
- Banking experience / knowledge preferable
- Inquisitive with strong independent, can-do attitude
- Technology experience / knowledge
- Flawless writer, attention for detail
- Confident & assertive (with senior executives)
- Self-driven and focused on delivering excellence
- Develop and execute a communication plan to drive awareness and engagement among Corporate IT’s internal and external stakeholders. Leverage all available technology channels based on a well-informed assessment of needs and opportunities. Proactively identify and develop innovative communication vehicles regarding Corporate ITs value proposition to current and prospective employees. Drive consistency in messaging across CIT’s multiple global locations and time zones.
- Serve as an advisor and partner by providing hands-on support to Visa’s Chief Information Officer (CIT’s Senior Vice President) and leadership team on effective communication strategies and tactics to drive employee engagement and awareness within and beyond the Corporate IT team.
- Identify the best tools, technologies and techniques to employ in support of team communications strategy that help facilitate collaboration and engagement. Examples of tool platforms include intranet, SharePoint, blogs (i.e. Chatter), Microsoft Teams, and videos. Create and maintain repositories for all CIT communications and associated documents.
- Support team-wide global events by developing consistent communications strategy and messaging. Example of prior events include all-staff meetings, on and off-site meetings and team social and recognition events.
- Draft original or edit written material representing the division, its people, programs/projects, and technologies for use in diverse mediums and to a diverse audience including executive reporting and recurring company-wide newsletters. Monitor progress of CIT’s project execution and deployment to proactively identify opportunities for internal and external-CIT communications.
- Position is expected to be a senior individual contributor role, but may provide oversight, coaching, and mentoring to other team members, including interns, contractors, and/or staff members, involved in various communications and internal initiatives.
- May be required to assist the overall Business Management office team in the day-to-day execution of work to support the CIO.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
- This position requires the incumbent to work during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.