Senior Director, Head of Business Solutions, China
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The position will be responsible for leading Visa’s B2B Payment strategy and initiatives in China region, working together with the China Management team and Visa Business Solutions (VBS) team in AP Hub, Singapore. The portfolio will include all card-based and ‘Account to Account’ payment solutions offered by Visa through its client Financial Institutions. Performance metrics will be a mix of financial metrics (such as payment volume, revenue, new program launches) and non-financial metrics (such as net promoter scores from Visa clients, employee engagement survey, delivering innovation engagements). This is a key leadership role in Asia Pacific region and will be part of the AP VBS Leadership Team.
This is an Individual Contributor role and it is expected that in the future, we will expand the team in China in line with business expansion
• Develop & execute a strategy (and related initiatives) for Visa Business Solution expansion in China, working with the regional VBS team in AP Hub and Global VBS team.
• Manage existing portfolio of Visa clients issuing commercial solutions in the region jointly with Client Relationship Managers (CRM) and look to expand the portfolio to include new issuers and more Visa commercial solutions with current issuers
• Be a spokesperson for VBS in the China, engaging with internal and external stakeholders and build awareness for commercial solutions with end-user customers.
• Manage partnerships with B2B focused Fintech and with large technology majors. This would include China based technology companies, which are seeking innovative payment solutions outside of their home markets.
• As China is a key region in which multinational corporations (MNC) operate, a key responsibility would be grow the use of commercial solutions by these companies for their payments. This would require working with dedicated teams in US / Europe, AP Hub and with select issuers in China
• Bachelor degree in Business, Economics or a related field is required
• Minimum 15 years business development, client management and/or channel management experience in commercial payments or corporate, commercial and institutional banking preferred.
• Demonstrated sales performance track, driving results with ability to lead and operate effectively within cross-functional teams and in matrix environments
• Product management subject matter expert with experience in developing and deploying go-to-market strategy for payment solutions or technology a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in selling complex solutions or B2B product consulting
• Exceptional ability to engage at executive management level internally and externally
• Proven ability to translate and implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions to successful and desired outcome
• P&L management experience
• Strong communicator and collaborator
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships at all levels, including executive management