Staff Digital Analytics Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Global Marketing Technology department is responsible for supporting Visa Global Marketing business operations, promotions of Visa's brand, its products and services globally. The Digital Web Analytics team is responsible for assisting and embedding the data driven marketing culture within the enterprise, enhance our digital presence to advance marketing insights, customer engagements and conversion. We are currently using Google 360 suite of products for our web analytics tracking and reporting. At the same time, we are extending the use of Tealium's tag management framework to allow us to build the Target Audience and Segments that can be connected with multiple advertising platforms.
We are looking for passionate, energetic, data-driven, innovative, experienced and technically savvy digital analytics engineer
- Serve as the "Tagging Implementation Expert" by evolving and managing the solution design reference documentation which outlines analytics variables, rules, and use cases across web properties and applications
- Be proficient in tag management systems Google Tag Manager and Tealium TMS implementations
- Hands on experience on custom coding using Javacript/Jquery in tag management implementations.
- Proficient in web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture Site Catalyst for reporting configuration end-to-end setup.
- Complete accountability of testing the tag implementations
- Work with the peers of analytics engineers to create, manage, and enforce digital analytics tagging standards to ensure robust and consistent data i.e. captured for analysis.
- Develop and implement coding practices for site tagging and follow industry standards
- Collaborate with multiple development teams to engineer and manage a digital data layer across Visa's various digital properties (websites and mobile)
- Translate Digital Product Managers' questions into KPIs and that can be measured from tracking user interactions on-site and within our mobile applications
- Implement third-party tagging with various vendors like - Demandbase, LinkedIn, Facebook, On24, Marketo, Eloqua, etc…
- Leveraging analytics API’s and building automation tools for analytics reporting that includes platforms such as Tealium API, Google Analytics API.
- Conduct user training sessions on Google Tag Manager and Tealium implementation to cross functional teams
- Ability to write SQL queries and hands on experience with Google Big-Query scripts.
- Foster curiosity, creativity and innovative thinking among team members to look externally, challenge assumptions, and promote excellence in a results-driven culture
- Total 8-10 years of experience in digital marketing analytics space
- Bachelor's Degree with field of study in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years working with Tealium suite of products including Tealium iQ, Tealium AudienceStream/Tealium Event Stream, Tealium DB with an excellent understanding of digital analytics tagging best practices
- 5+ years experience in digital, ecommerce, web design, digital marketing, analytics or related field
- 4+ years experience working with digital tag manager tools such as Tealium IQ, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Ensighten
- Hands-on experience working on 3rd party tracking implementation’s using tag manager templates.
- Hands-on experience with one or more web analytics tools such as Google Analytics ,Omniture Site Catalyst
- Debugging tools like Google Tag Assistant, HTTPWatch or WASP, Tealium web companion
- Experience working with jQuery, Regular Expressions, HTML CSS selectors
- Knowledge of Python/Google BigQuery architecture will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of database and data warehouse/data lake – Oracle or SQL Server or IBM DB2
- Experience working with analytics implementations for Single Page Applications using the Angular or Ember frameworks
- Experience working with analytics implementations for mobile applications (iOS / Android / Windows)
- Evidence of thought leadership in solving complex technical problems with creative solutions under resource constraints
- Experience in transforming qualitative and quantitative data into actionable recommendations and KPIs
- Must be very organized and able to balance working on multiple projects and small enhancements
- Experience collaborating and communicating across business, technology, and analytics teams
- Must be articulate and inspire commitment to a higher standard
- Manage change with integrity and a spirit of collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex analysis into well-structured and simple to understand presentations and recommendations
- Previous experience of working with User Experience and Agile delivery teams would be an advantage
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.