Finance Business Partner - Level 5 - Maternity Cover
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Business Partner) we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role is a maternity cover (July 2019 - October 2020) for Finance Business Partner role supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner in charge of the Corporate Functions.
The ideal candidate will play an integral part to provide key financial & commercial support and direction to the European functions leadership and team through the provision of accurate, timely and insightful data and analysis to support financial control, optimal decision making and alignment between financial and business objectives.
Integral to the position is the ability to build partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with key Executives and other stakeholders within the supported function, finance functions and others as required, both regionally and globally.
The incumbent will support the Senior Finance Business Partner to lead decision support and appropriate financial analytics to respond to business requirements and drive decision-making including business case modelling and scenario assessments.
The Finance Business Partner is also critical to ensure adherence to financial controls throughout the supported function and beyond.
This hands-on role requires strong commercial acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the status quo to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and performance of the function.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Finance Business Partnering
- Oversees functional revenue, expense and balance sheet accounting and reporting, ensuring appropriate processes and controls are in place, and that the financial position is correctly understood, interpreted and communicated to the supported function.
- To lead on financial control and financial governance activities for relevant function
- Embed P&L thinking into decision-making and drive the implementation, understanding and management of P&L throughout the function to develop a common agenda aligned to both the needs of the functions and those of Finance
- Maximise value achieved by driving commercial thinking across the function and influence the outcomes by providing challenge and support to the functional leadership team, ensuring decisions are commercially sound and in the best interests of VISA
- Provide effective Decision Support on key investment proposals and opportunities for strategic initiatives by executing complex analysis, business case modelling and forecasting
- Represent Finance at key functional meetings as required
- Represent the functions in any discussions relating to Finance as required, liaising with the Central Finance team to ensure all finance policies and initiatives are communicated, understood and implemented consistently across the business
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders within Europe and Global HQ, specifically the HQ finance teams to align with global reporting, including working closely with HR BPs to ensure clear Workforce Planning processes are in place for the supported function
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance on finance policies, practices and processes to the function
- Support the delivery of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Quarterly Forecasts for the relevant function
- Provide support to ad-hoc Strategic Financial Planning exercises, including What-If Scenario Planning and responses to multi-year Revenue and expense challenge
- Use underlying trends and external market factors to assist with the short-term forecasts (current financial year), budgets (next financial year) and other longer term plans as required
- Ensure Operating Expense and Capital Expenditure requirements are identified, understood and challenged, and make recommendations with respect to performance against targets, budgeting process and financial viability of new functional initiatives
- Provide support to the Global HQ Planning processes and ensure alignment with Europe process
Analysis and Management Information (MI)
- Deliver proactive and insightful analysis of key trends to enrich commentary and understanding of the key business and financial Risks & Opportunities
- Provide timely, accurate and customised MI for the functional performance, including recommendations for action where applicable
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the division’s business drivers and develop a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy
- Provide finance analysis and participate in the Monthly Business Review (MBR) with Global HQ stakeholders
Process design and Improvement
- Implement Strategic initiative tracking tools and ensure clear and effective engagement between Finance and Function for all key processes
- Develop Financial processes to support the business needs and implementation of new initiatives
- Drive improvements across the function in forecast accuracy and streamline the forecast process
What we’re after…
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with mid-level post qualified experience
- Significant Business Partnering experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Ability to build and cultivate effective relationships with senior executives and stakeholders within relevant function and within the Finance function at a regional and global level
- Demonstrated strong commercial focus with a proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues and challenges the norm constructively.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, and the ability to interpret trends, identify issues and recommend actions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in regional functions
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Proven self-starter
- Experience of Hyperion, Oracle Applications, COGNOS and an advance user of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Broad understanding of the payment landscape and visa products and solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.