Director, Partner Success Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Global Strategic Partnerships group is charged with forging and maintaining strategic partnerships with payment processors and acquirers that help power Visa digital solutions. The group manages commercial deals executed with FI’s/Acquirers/Processors to enable these partners to utilize an array of Visa products and services, and orchestrating sales support for the partners to drive merchant acquisition.
This position serves as a key member of an account team serving as the client's primary point of contact, and advocating for the client across the Visa organization to achieve mutual success. This position is responsible for deepening the client relationship and continuously adding value by executing the Visa strategy.
This position has office location options for any Visa USA office / Telecommute.
Partner closely with executives at the client to influence strategies for merchant acquisition, payment volume growth and adoption of value added services that drive the client’s key priorities
Consult on and implement, with the client, innovative sales campaigns and support the client’s sales team at onsite presentations to key target merchants
Develop and track a series of financial and operational KPIs that Visa and the client agree reflect the success of the partnership
Organize and implement strategic account planning processes to engage with the client at senior levels, identify opportunities and challenges faced by the client, recognize those initiatives that solve our mutual business objectives, identify and deploy Visa resources to address the objectives, and track our performance
Prepare and present sales and pricing proposals, and as required, negotiate contractual agreements to expand the scope of Visa products and services
Analyze and report on market trends, FinTech developments and competitor actions to enable the Partnership team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans with our partners
In additional to being the primary contact for a client also support the Partnership team by being a secondary contact on other accounts and collaborate with team members to share knowledge and best practices
Provide leadership in multi-faceted projects including guiding the product roadmap, program/product launches, strategy development and implementation of payments innovation
Drive process improvement through analytic approaches and creative solutions
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• 5+ years’ experience managing strategic relationships with financial services and technology solution providers
• Extensive worldwide knowledge of the payment, risk management and payment security industry, including card, alternative and local payment processing
• Available to travel up to 50%, with some international
• Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, sales, strategy, marketing) and cross-regional teams
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with a partner’s C-level executives to present Visa’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
• Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor addressing a wide variety of functional business problems
• Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Will consider any Visa locations in USA / Telecommuter