Director Implementations - Visa Business Solutions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Business Solutions provides issuers and their corporate clients a suite of products and capabilities to simplify the critical processes that businesses perform daily. These critical processes include managing expenses, compliance, vendors and reporting. They also provide analysis for corporates in order to make informed business and financial decisions about employee and company spend. Business Solutions also facilitate payments between buyers and suppliers, using online solutions or APIs.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
The Director for Visa Business Solutions Implementations is an individual contributor position at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgement in resolving issues and making recommendations. The position requires a high level of interaction and collaboration with business and technical leaders across the company, serving as a subject matter specialist to clients and internal teams.
The successful candidate will lead complex implementations of Visa Business Solutions products with financial institutions and fintech partners in North America. The individual will manage end-to-end implementations, including client consultation, project management, meeting management, training and handover to Account Management teams for ongoing support. A significant portion of this role will involve developing clear and professional external documentation and internal workflow processes.
The Visa Business Solutions suite of products offer corporate clients a variety of solutions to meet their needs, including payment processing, data and reporting platforms.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years progressively responsible experience in customer service, implementation or consulting role in financial services, payment card, or information services, with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience (at least 8+ years) using project management methodology
- Experience with B2B solutions and/or commercial card solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills and excellent time management, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical resources
- Ability to comprehend and articulate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Strong ability to multi-task, organize, manage, and implement complex projects with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines and manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated success in client relationship management
- Demonstrated expertise in using standard MS Office tools (e.g., MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.). Must be comfortable engaging and leading product demonstrations.
- Strong preference for bilingual abilities: able to read, write and speak Spanish and/or Portuguese proficiently
- Confirmed abilities in negotiating with and influencing clients and staff at all levels as well as the ability to successfully handle contending priorities while serving as a positive influence across the organization
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of the payment and data processing industries including industry trends and high-level business drivers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to understand business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Experience with corporate travel
- Experience working with financial data, and knowledge in secure communication protocol such as SFTP, FTP/S and HTTPS.
- Knowledge in application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways.
- Build relationships with Visa client institutions and act as a liaison to internal Visa groups to create strategies to make valuable contributions and enhance relationships
- Lead the implementation of Visa Business Solutions products using Project Management Methodology best practices and skills.
- Lead activities for Visa Business Solutions applications and platforms; including establishing clear project plans, status and expectation setting for technical migration activities.
- Provide technical expertise to structure an effective implementation.
- Build strong customer relationships with the ability to simplify complex problems to support business needs.
- Continuously monitor progress, customer feedback, and provide status updates and project milestones to the project team, senior management, the client, and banking partners, via weekly or other progress reporting, and by managing status meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans with risk/mitigation plans and issue logs to enhance external and internal communications.
- Create and maintain necessary internal and external implementation documentation and forms.
- As a subject matter expert, acquire and maintain a deep understanding of supported services to train customer and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identify opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and/or efficiency.
- Require minimum guidance on execution, be responsible for own work assignments and take the initiative to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for accurately recording project progression within a CRM system.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.