Director, Learning Consultant – North America Region
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Please note that the location is flexible to any US or Canada office (Foster City and San Francisco preferred).
The Learning Consultant will play a crucial role in understanding the learning objectives and driving and implementing learning solutions for both internal and external stakeholders in the North America (NA) region. The successful candidate will collaborate with regional leaders and clients to gain a deep understanding of capabilities required to grow and optimize Visa’s talent strategy and client engagement strategy. Visa University is part of the Strategy organization and this role will report into the Regional Head of Learning – NA Region.
- Build trusted partnerships and manage relationships with regional leadership team and other stakeholders to understand their goals and needs, gain buy in to proposed initiatives and drive initiative success
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and VU Shared Services to develop and administer regional training needs assessments, analyze organizational challenges, and work with the internal Colleges to define strategies and identify solutions that drive measurable results.
- Work with regional account teams to evolve current Visa client relationships into new business development opportunities by proactively identifying contract negotiation opportunities, defining VIK, drafting deal terms and partnering with BD/Sales to sell to clients.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on VU’s product catalogue and learning solutions that have already been developed for global implementation
- On an exception basis, develop and deliver regional learning solutions and identify and manage local strategic external partner relationships to support these programs.
- Roll out and implement learning strategies and programs.
- Be a champion of Visa’s learning culture and values and help cultivate these across the region.
- Effectively communicates timelines and learning and development requirements to business partners and management team.
- Establish and maintains collaborative, solution-oriented relationships with cross functional leaders and partners.
- 10+ years’ experience in HR, leaning towards consulting, sales, or related field with a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Learning and Development, related discipline
- Strong aptitude for working with broad scope of technical, business, and professional subject matter; quick and agile learner
- Digital payments background preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate, consult and influence senior leaders, business partners, internal and external customers, and colleagues to drive business results.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), consulting, stakeholder management, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels in an organization.
- Effective track record of using metrics and analytics to drive decision making and increased value generation (sales, satisfaction surveys, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and change to improve efficiencies and the effectiveness of learning solutions.
- Experience in Training Needs Analysis (TNA), diagnostics, supporting L&D solutions, and evaluation of L&D projects
- Great collaboration skills, able to engage a wide variety of people in solution design and delivery
- Prior experience selling preferred or experience in B2B sales
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.