Associate Payroll Analyst
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Summary: Payroll Associate responsibilities include reviewing payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors, checking whether all amounts are accurate based on hours worked and ensuring payments are made on time and in compliance with all country regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent analytical skills with the ability to spot numerical errors.
- Prepare and review monthly or semi-monthly payrolls, including all inputs and gross to net calculations
- Review timesheets and attendance records and correct inaccuracies
- Prepare and submit all necessary paperwork for tax deductions, benefits and garnishments
- Analyze compensation-related data including wages and bonuses
- Oversee payroll transactions (e.g. via e-banking)
- Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records
- Process benefit costs, like insurance fees and sick leaves
- Document and implement procedures to streamline payroll processes
- Partner closely with HR and Accounting to ensure effective processes and issue resolution
- Coordinate payroll payment calendars for the fiscal year
- Report to management on payroll issues and changes
- Answer employees’ questions about salaries and tax
- Stay up-to-date on country specific payroll and tax laws to ensure compliance
- 2-4 years’ experience in the payroll function, with a minimum of 1 year payroll processing
- Deep knowledge of country payroll and tax regulations
- Hands-on experience with payroll software or vendor’s solutions (Workday, ADP Streamline, etc.)
- Familiarity using Excel and spreadsheets
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize work and work under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as good interpersonal skills to deliver a great employee experience
- Languages skills in both English and Spanish is also required for this position
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.