- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position reports to the Board Liaison and will provide high-volume administrative support for Legal, Board of Directors, board meetings/events. The role provides superior administrative support for high-profile Board of Directors meetings, work with Corporate Events to guide internal departments and external vendors on the planning and execution of onsite and offsite meetings. They will manage calendar notifications and attendance schedules for Board of Directors meetings, help coordinate telephonic meetings for 10+ Directors across different international time zones, and manage complex travel arrangements for Directors and the Board Team as needed. In addition, they will maintain official company archives (hard- and soft-copy) of Board and Committee meeting materials, minutes, and correspondence – Requires working in Company's San Francisco office a few times per month (inter-office shuttle service available).
- Provide superior administrative support for high-profile Board of Directors meetings and events
- Assist with posting to the Diligent board portal
- Handle correspondence (incoming and outgoing) for the board support team
- Work with Corporate Events to guide internal departments and external vendors on the planning and execution of onsite and offsite meetings and Director meetings with Visa Executives
- Manage calendar notifications and attendance schedules for Board of Directors meetings
- Create and distribute confirmation, invite and reminder emails for Board of Directors events and meetings
- Assist in scheduling individual meetings between Directors and Executives;
- Create and maintain updated participant lists for each scheduled meeting;
- Help coordinate telephonic meetings for 12+ Directors across different international time zones;
- Manage complex and last minute travel arrangements for Directors and the Board Team as needed;
- Maintain official Company archives (hard- and soft-copy) of Board and Committee meeting materials, minutes, and correspondence – Requires working in Company's Foster City office a few times per month (inter-office shuttle service available);
- Maintain organized, detail-oriented trackers of Board-related records;
- Process reimbursements and expenditures for Board of Directors and Board Staff, including corporate cards for Directors;
- Assist with Board and Committee materials; e.g. assembling, formatting, printing and collating binders, and quality control of Board and Committee books and binders;
- Maintain a database of templates for Board logistics and communication documents, and a database of tracking templates with respect to meetings;
- Act on behalf of the Board Liaison in her absence, such as screen/direct calls, respond timely to requests and inquires;
- Provide support to the Governance Team and other Legal groups as needed;
- Prepare, disseminate and assist in the review and evaluation of annual D&O questionnaires for executive management and the Visa Inc. Board of Directors;
- Assist the Board Liaison and corporate governance team in responding to requests for information and documents from the company's internal and external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders;
- Assist in processing charitable contribution match requests and ensure completion;
- Schedule and provide meeting room arrangements, including catering and AV needs for Board/Committee related meetings;
- File board-related books, materials, records and (soft and hardcopies); Provide master copies to Foster City;
- Organize and maintain board filing system;
- Assist in monitoring budget for Board Meetings and events;
- Travel as needed to meeting and event locations;
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- College degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience supporting a C-level executive, preferably with a public company
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision, as well as on a team.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Must have competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, email and oral communication
- Must be tactful in their dealings with people
- Develop solutions
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, common sense and initiative
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information and maintaining confidentiality
- Position requires the ability to work long hours and occasional weekends prior to and during Visa Inc. Board meetings and events
- Ability to multi-task and manage a heavy workload and priorities effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks, from the administrative to the complex, and take direction with equanimity
- Excellent follow through on projects and the ability to anticipate and spot potential issues
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain calm under pressure
- Position will be based in Foster City, California; although occasional travel to the company's San Francisco office will be required, (shuttle service is provided.)
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.