Cybersecurity Staff Systems Engineer - Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a key technology pillar at Visa, responsible for providing secure access to misc. payment related applications and services from a variety of users (employees, businesses and customers across) globally. To stay ahead of the rapidly changing security landscape especially with globalization of Visa's business and newer form factors of access via new devices, IOT etc., has direct impact on IAM Services. IAM team is rapidly growing and has a global presence in Singapore, Beijing, Bangalore, London, Austin and Foster City.
Are you interested to be part of a dynamic diverse team of industry’s leading IAM/Security professionals?
You will work and lead in this dynamic environment with a talented team, influencing and building the next generation IAM technology stack at Visa.
What is important for us:
- Security First – Our team focuses on security in everything we do and we take it seriously with no compromises of any sort. We look forward to like minds
Curiosity – Be curious; ask how things work and ask how you can learn new stuff. We believe curiosity fosters creativity.
Ownership – We have clients and customers who embodies complete trust on us because we show them we own what we do in every sense. We expect every team member completely own the activity he/she is responsible.
- Agility – Be open for a change and acclimate to them.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Establish strong engineering best practices on vulnerability mitigation and server patching in various non-production environments within the Identity and Access management(IAM) space.
- Own non production infrastructure and be a ninja of infrastructure, platform and network issues.
- Be the go to person for developers and QA engineers for any infrastructure related issues.
- Visa Inc. manages and rolls out many products which runs mostly on Linux Distributions and some on Windows platform, be open to learning infrastructure and platform for various IAM products
- Devise best practices for infrastructure management and maintain a wiki on common environment issues to ensure developers and QA engineers can learn and apply from it.
- Support our new CI/CD pipeline for infrastructure roll out and management.
- Manage, apply and report on security and vulnerability patching in non-production environments
- BS/MS in EC/CS/IT
- 8 + years of Solid hands-on experience as Platform Support Engineer with specialization in Unix, Java or Python
- Experience with Industry standard application servers is a must (WebLogic, Tomcat)
- Experience working on Identity Management solutions like Sail point or similar tools is a must.
- Strong inter-personnel, problem solving & communication skills
- Command of MVC architecture and platform failure points
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Knowledge on Docker or Similar Containerization and Container Orchestration tools.
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a big plus
- Prior knowledge of managing Apache Big Data infrastructure is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.