Director, Implementations - US (Visa Direct)
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services, and enabling our client facing teams to deliver and scale new products in the market.
This role is an individual contributor at an advanced support staff level and is responsible for applying independent judgment in resolving issues and making recommendations. Primary responsibilities are to provide client-facing project management support for Visa Direct, a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology. Currently, the push payments market in North America is estimated to be a $13T opportunity.
- Lead complex and multi-layer implementations for multiple projects for Visa client institutions and processors to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Consult with client institutions and provide technical expertise to structure an effective implementation.
- Coordinate directly with clients to understand program set up requirements and facilitate new program installations, conversions and maintenance requests without client impact.
- Work closely with Product team to understand business enhancements and maintenance releases and impact on current and new client programs.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on various product features as assigned.
- Report on client project accomplishments and deliverables.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues encountered by team members.
- Act as a mentor and train team members.
- Manage non-routine, complex processing and change requests, as well as tactical and strategic client initiatives.
- Lead projects for various initiatives, both internal and external, using Project Management best practices and skills.
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans, status reports, and issues logs.
- Translate complex customer business requirements into internal technical language.
- Coordinate and influence internal and external resources to ensure delivery on commitments.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12+ year’s progressively responsible experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing clients and staff at all levels as well as the ability to successfully manage competing priorities while serving as a positive influence across the organization.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Excellent time management, organization, problem solving and planning skills are essential.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical issues and apply business solutions.
- Demonstrated success in client relationship management.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identifying business needs.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.