Country Manager, Lebanon
- Beirut, Lebanon
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Regional strategic planning
To manage the development of the Lebanon market strategic plan by integrating and setting priorities based on information about the market, clients’ business plans, Visa priorities and competitor activities. Identify success factors for progressive and dynamic business growth. Ensure that the plan is understood and shared by functional teams within Visa. Develop account plans for clients and achieve business objectives of clients and Visa through planned and well-executed initiatives.
Ensure the development of country plans and key account plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals. Ensure consistency with the MENA and International strategic plans. Ensure that all internal/ weekly/ monthly reports are carried out in a timely and regular fashion. Share purpose and objectives with staff members
Accountable for achieving business targets through growing existing business CIF/PV/MV and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of the individual countries and member banks and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish country targets.
Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of member banks, partner companies, central banks and national banking associations. Directly manage top clients in the Country. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results. Whenever required, be the senior Visa representative at Forums and other national Member meetings.
Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyze trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa. Maintain close contacts with national organizations and central banks and be aware of any developments which could present a threat to Visa.
To work with the business development and other functional resources in the office to deliver goals for the country.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
- Extensive sales, retail banking and cards experience and expertise
- Experience including banking/financial services sector or sales/portfolio development and relationship management
Sales management experience
Excellent project management, strategic planning, analytical and budgeting skills
- Management experience and experience of influencing/managing direct and non-direct reports.
- Independent worker with guidance in only the more complex situations
- Interpersonally credible, influential in dealings and sensitive to the multicultural environment
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of Visa, other payment systems, card products within and proven experience at liaising, presenting to, influencing and negotiating with senior level international and central bankers, regulators, merchants, media, domestic switches, third party vendors and other key external stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate business agreements
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent knowledge of the and markets with sound contacts and network with key stakeholders
- Effective presentation skills
- Proven experience of dealing with the Press and other media
- Superior analytical skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.