Sr. Software Engineer - Application
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of REST Service APIs, SQL databases, and Web Front-End User Interfaces that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production). As a Senior Software Engineer on the Security and Compliance team, you will working closely with our product partners and developers to build our open systems transactional platform.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of work experience or
- More than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Internships with API or UI front end development experience
- Expert knowledge with JAVA and/or .NET technologies
- Expert diagraming solutions (flow, block, logical)
- Expert knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and technologies like OAuth
- Expert building Hypermedia-based REST APIs
- Experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Microsoft SQL, Oracle or Hadoop
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.