Staff Software Engineer (AEM) - Visa.com (Digital Marketing Experience)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Marketing Experience Team at Visa is looking for a Staff Software Engineer with strong focus in Adobe Experience Manager. The candidate should have understanding of UI and complete understanding of the agile development process to join our team. Our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every technical decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Experience with Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
- Experience with Responsive Design Principles
- 4 years of Adobe AEM / CQ5 experience implementing full cycle Adobe AEM projects (AEM 6.0 and later required; AEM 6.2 is a plus)
- Experience of testing at the unit, integration and system levels.
- Experience with jUnit and other testing frameworks in AEM.
- Experience with data and site migration in AEM - specifically moving legacy web systems into AEM. Familiarity with Multi Site Manager (MSM), Language Copy, Dispatcher.
- Experience with communicating to different internal servers, databases from AEM, using both front-end (AJAX, cookies) and back-end technologies (Servlet, OSGI service, Sling, AngularJS).
- Experience with other large scale WCM or CMS implementation a plus.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline. Working knowledge and experience in CI / CD tools like Jenkins, GIT
- Help build a reactive universal app employing technologies such as Angular
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Support multiple teams on their UI requirements
- Design and implement AEM framework from Plan, gather and analyze the requirements with business analyst team and also organize design discussion and infrastructure requirement analysis to meet the defined business criteria.
- Design Architecture for infrastructure setup of production environment and implement web and application layers according to the VISA’s standard infrastructure framework
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.