Director, Merchant and Acquiring Account Manager
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Merchant and Acquiring Client Services Account Manager is responsible for the operational relationships for Visa’s key regional Acquirers in Asia Pacific, working closely with the Merchant Sales and Acquiring and Commerce & Network Payments business teams to strengthen relationships, enable new capabilities, optimise performance, and act as the client advocate.
- Provides leadership for operational activities with our clients as the Client Services (CS) Account Manager for key regional acquiring clients including clients such as Global Payments, First Data Merchant Solutions, Adyen, Stripe, Wirecard and Worldpay who bring diverse and complex payment requirements.
- Defines the Client Services delivery for our key regional Merchants and Acquirers, alongside our client stakeholders and Visa business partners.
- Develops and refines operational account plans & delivery roadmaps for key clients, supporting key client objectives and aligning with Visa business functions on prioritization, communication, performance and execution
- Works in close collaboration across multiple functions including Merchant Sales and Acquiring, Commerce & Network Payments Product, Risk, Network Processing and Client Services to deliver against client needs and key initiatives
- Delivers operational reviews, quarterly and annual business reviews with effective and consultative support aligned to business objectives
- Aligns and set direction with Visa’s client management teams and country Account Managers, ensuring synergy, open communication and a whole of business approach to clients that is aimed towards a collaborative, aligned delivery of client management objectives
- Provides accountability for business or processing incidents, ensuring effective communication and resolution to external and internal stakeholders
- Delivers operational and strategic initiatives to clients such as enabling new business initiatives, products and solutions, onboarding new clients, delivering Business Enhancements and education on tools and services
- Ensures that Client Services team deliver Visa’s objectives, whilst helping to drive client success and a high level of client satisfaction.
- Focuses on continuous improvement of performance, cost effectiveness & compliance, introducing operational best practices and client processing optimisation
- Drives the generation and performance of revenue generating opportunities such as promoting new and existing value added services
- Maintains and builds knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches
- Implements Visa’s processing services and enhancements, delivering new capabilities effectively and efficiently
- Provides accountability for operational client satisfaction with client support and implementation services
- Provides regular, structured, proactive account management for key clients, including ongoing client engagement, monthly operational reviews, participation in quarterly and annual business reviews and on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Develops, maintains and refines Operational Account Plan and delivery roadmaps for key clients, supporting key client strategic goals and aligning with Visa business functions on delivery
- Provides consultancy for onboarding, client migrations, processing, services, initiatives and new clients onboarding
- Liaises across Client Service teams and coordinates actions to deliver client goals
- Coordinates across all business departments & functions to ensure strategic alignment & effective delivery of Visa and client initiatives
- Responsible for the client view, including operational, regulatory and payment systems knowledge
- Identifies opportunities to optimise processing in areas such as authorisation, billing, dispute performance management and drives processing efficiencies through ongoing operational engagement
- Provides consultation on systems, services & changes
- Coordinating, communicating and governing client readiness for mandates, enterprise and market initiatives
- Delivers event/incident management, effectively coordinating business and client responses to processing incidents impacting clients, managing through to resolution
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience in customer support role in payments, software or account management services OR professionally qualified or equivalent with professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Visa systems, of payments and processing services and an understanding of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses.
- Must be self – starter with proven abilities in organisational, conceptual and logical problem solving
- Customer focus with ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management of all levels
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and to work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to solutioning process
- Proficiency in providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organisation to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.