- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking to hire System Analysts to join our Distributed Systems, Operations and Engineering Application Support Team. Responsibilities will include managing and maintaining mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment and will be a liaison between the Product Office and Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security and other teams as required. Responsibilities would include:
- Level 2 Application Support for applications and services at Visa
- Change, Incident and Problem management according to Visa guidelines
- Participate in change planning, deployment and review
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts
- Determine root cause of issues and document it in the appropriate system
- Project management for Information Technology initiatives Participate in on call rotation as assigned by manager
- Facilitate and attend meetings for Business and Information Technology initiatives
- Write and maintain programs and scripts to achieve Information Technology objectives
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and work with offshore teams to facilitate around the clock support for applications and services
- 2 or more years of experience in Level 2 application support for critical applications
- 2 or more years experience working with the following:
- planning, deploying and reviewing changes for critical applications
- incident and problem management systems such as Remedy, Service Now or equivalent
- troubleshooting and resolving incidents
- conducting root cause analysis
- 2 or more years of experience participating in projects and facilitating meetings for IT initiatives
- At least 2 years of Linux and/or Windows operating system experience
- 1 year of experience supporting Java applications that run in Apache Tomcat, WebSphere or similar containers preferred
- experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or equivalent
- 1 or more years experience with SQL
- 1 or more years writing scripts in BASH, PYTHON, Windows Shell or PowerShell or equivalent.
- being on call in support of critical applications ***a rotational on-call support shift is required of all team members***
- Master’s and 2 year of related work experience , or Bachelors and 3 years of related work experience
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.