Senior Software Engineer - Level 4
- Reading, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The successful candidate will be working on the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) Applications Development team which is part of the Network Processing organization. This team is responsible for the ownership and development of the VIP system application. The VIP application applies business logic and routes digital currency between transaction acquirers and issuers globally. The candidate should have good understanding of payment card business, able to work across a Global function as a motivated self-starter requiring limited direction. Candidate must be flexible to switch tasks based on team’s needs.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Integrated Payment (VIP) system
- Provide application support, 24x7 on-call production support as per schedule and problem resolution for the VIP system
- Ensure that the standard software development life cycle is followed
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Develop technical specifications from high level business requirements
- Work with project lead, architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects and incidents for self
- Assist application developers in developing efficient zTPF based applications
- Assist application developers in self-learning and training process
- Support in hosting frequent information-sharing forums with the Product Development staff members of varying levels of understanding.
- Identify pain points and process issues in the existing organization, propose workable improvements, challenge the existing thinking if necessary
- Help and provide consultancy for Open VisaNet
What we’re after…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics/ Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- Extensive relevant work experience with experience in electronic payment systems development
- Experience in developing electronic payment systems is highly desirable
- Experience in 2nd/3rd level support is highly desirable
- C++ and IBM High Level Assembler experience in the zTPF environment
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment is desirable
- Experience with structured analysis, object-oriented analysis and distributed systems and/or client server desirable
- Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent assignments with both technical and business staff
- Flexibility, self-motivated, high work standards, attention to detail, ability to perform as an individual contributor or as a member or leader of a team
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.