Executive Director, Head of European Commercial Sales Operations
- London, UK
Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you are curious, driven by success and thrive in a changing landscape, then we can satisfy your desire to explore new territories by giving you the runway to really make an impact at a critical point of transformation and growth in our industry and our business. If you think you could be part of the leadership team accelerating Visa’s growth then we want to hear from you.
· Sales Excellence: deliver consistent application of key sales processes, tools and training that enable our client facing teams to have the most productive conversations with clients at every stage of the sales process. Drive capability programs that build a high level of commercial skills across all sales teams. Equip sales teams to win and retain clients and beat the competition.
· Sales Performance Management: drive and maintain sales pipeline accuracy, forecasts and priorities for all seven Regional Clusters in Europe. Ensure adoption and accuracy of sales reporting tools (Playbook). Shape the short, medium and long-term pipeline outlook, with key data forecasting and necessary actions to amplify, accelerate or rectify. Lead regular analysis, review and decision support on pipeline execution with cluster leaders (RMDs).
· Bid Management: create a centre of excellence team that leads responses to identified, strategic client opportunities including the development of a ‘win strategy’ in advance of any RfI or RFP. Own and drive best in class tools and ensure consistent adoption. Partner with markets with pace to increase win ratio, reduce time to bid and reduce effort per bid. Ensure Visa has the market advantage to win with insightful market intel and competitive advantage.
· Sales Initiatives & Support: provide support to sales teams that is enabling and in service of excellent client delivery. Galvanize commercial revenue generating strategies that are supported through our tools, technology and sales infrastructure to equip regional cluster teams with a repository of market information. Coordinating and executing activities such as: client onboarding, insights and action resulting from annual client surveys, client product training, and feedback from field sales / account teams and QBR preparation.
· Lead, inspire and drive high performance across a cohesive team to deliver seamless sales execution throughout the entire sales journey: from early identification of opportunities through to new client onboarding and subsequent client satisfaction and retention.
· Partner with the RMDs for Continental Europe and UK&I to adapt and pivot to team priorities in pursuit of short and long-term client opportunities. Balance focus on new business wins and attack deals with retention and growth of current portfolio.
· Set, review and maintain the highest levels of excellence across each of the core areas of accountability. Embed tools, process, knowledge and capability consistently across each cluster that will drive the highest quality of execution everywhere.
· Maintain alignment and work in partnership with client teams across each cluster. Act as thought leader and critical business partner to RMDs. Lead with the requisite balance of challenge and support for each market, in pursuit of the total Europe sales performance. Winning mindset, client first principles, and one team delivery.
· Track and manage the performance of the sales organization using consistent dashboards and reports for performance measurement. Select clear measurements that are poignant to overall sales performance. Use data to determine go-forward strategies for success and to influence behavior and action across the Europe region and respective clusters.
· Orchestrate and facilitate quarterly business reviews. Drive consistency, forecast accuracy and predictability against targets. Anticipate trends through data that will impact on QBRs.
· Maintain excellent knowledge of current external commercial landscape and internal strategic priorities to provide solid foundational context for direct team and cluster sales teams. Interrogate market developments across adjacent industries to Visa.
· Navigate a complex, competitive and often ambiguous environment.
· Drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to leaders while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization within Europe and globally.
What we’re after…
· Depth of sales management and execution experience, preferably in B2B.
· Proven senior executive engagement and influence skills. Demonstrable track record in a leadership role, operating in a matrix environment to influence and challenge at all levels of the organization.
· Adept and inspiring leader that has built and evolved a high performing and diverse team
· Flexibility and ability to adjust quickly new demands, assimilate a vast array of information and shape priorities.
· Commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and define solutions. Client centric mentality.
· A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and directness. Ability to think longer-term coupled with fast execution of short-term priorities.
· Proven ability to navigate and thrive in a complex, fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
· Have capacity to become a respected and valued business partner at multiple levels within the organization.
· A sense of humor and humility. Take the work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously.
· Act as an ambassador for talent internally and externally. Promote the Visa brand in all that you do, thinking proactively about harnessing the best talent with potential for the organization.
· Experience using Playbook/Salesforce
· Financial modelling and analytical tools
· Knowledge and experience of the payments industry and/or financial services useful though not essential.