Executive Director, Head of Commercial Sales Operations Europe
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Reporting to: Managing Director of European Regions
Direct Reports: 5 people, with a an overall team of 25 and likely to grow
Key Relationships: This role is a leadership position with influence that will require the successful individual to galvanise teams across Visa in Europe and global territories:
- 6 cluster Regional Managing Directors (Central Eastern Europe, France Belgium Luxembourg, Nordics, South Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Central Europe)
- UK & Ireland Regional Managing Director
- UK & Ireland sales, business development and account teams
- Global Sales Operations team
- Global Sales College team
- Business Performance Leads
- Global Head of Visa Business Services & European Head
- Global Head of Visa Consulting Analytics & European Head
Head of Commercial Sales Operations Europe will:
• Lead, inspire and drive high performance across a cohesive team to deliver
seamless sales execution throughout the entire sales journey: from early
identification of opportunities through to new client onboarding and subsequent
client satisfaction and retention.
• Partner with the RMDs for Continental Europe and UK&I to adapt and pivot to
team priorities in pursuit of short and long-term client opportunities. Balance focus
on new business wins and attack deals with retention and growth of current
• Set, review and maintain the highest levels of excellence across each of the core
areas of accountability. Embed tools, process, knowledge and capability
consistently across each cluster that will drive the highest quality of execution
• Maintain alignment and work in partnership with client teams across each cluster.
Act as thought leader and critical business partner to RMDs. Lead with the
requisite balance of challenge and support for each market, in pursuit of the total
Europe sales performance. Winning mindset, client first principles and one team
• Track and manage the performance of the sales organization using consistent
dashboards and reports for performance measurement. Select clear
measurements that are poignant to overall sales performance. Use data to
determine go-forward strategies for success and to influence behavior and action
across the Europe region and respective clusters.
• Orchestrate and facilitate quarterly business reviews. Drive consistency, forecast
accuracy and predictability against targets. Anticipate trends through data that will
impact on QBRs.
• Maintain excellent knowledge of current external commercial landscape and
internal strategic priorities to provide solid foundational context for direct team
and cluster sales teams. Interrogate market developments across adjacent
industries to Visa.
• Navigate a complex, competitive and often ambiguous environment.
• Drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to leaders while supporting
syndication with stakeholders across the organization within Europe and globally.
- Deliver consistent application of key sales processes, tools and training that enable our client facing teams to have the most productive conversation with clients at every stage of the sales process
- Drive capability programs that build a high level of commercial skills across all sales teams
- Equip sales teams to win and retain clients and beat the competition
Sales Performance Management and Commercial Operations
- Drive and maintain sales pipeline accuracy, forecasts and priorities for all seven Regional Clusters in Europe
- Ensure adoption and accuracy of sales reporting tools (Playbook)
- Shape the short, medium and long-term pipeline outlook, with key data forecasting and necessary actions to amplify, accelerate or rectify
- Lead regular analysis, review and decision support on pipeline execution with cluster leaders (RMDs - Regional Managing Directors)
- Create a centre of excellence team that leads responses to identified, strategic client opportunities including the development of a ‘win strategy’ in advance of any RfI or RFP
- Own and drive best in class tools and ensure consistent adoption
- Partner with markets with pace to increase win ratio, reduce time to bid and reduce effort per bid. Ensure Visa has the market advantage to win with insightful market intel and competitive advantage
- Ownership and execution of client contracting process, lead co-ordination of multidiscipline inputs and content owners, driving with pace and focused on value for all parties. Always seek process improvement.
Sales Initiatives & Support
- Provide support to sales teams that is enabling and in service of excellent client delivery
- Galvanize commercial revenue generating strategies that are supported through our tools, technology and sales infrastructure to equip regional cluster teams with a repository of market information
- Coordinating and executing activities such as: client onboarding, insights and action resulting from annual client surveys, client product training, and feedback from field sales / account teams and QBR preparation
- Proven senior executive engagement and influence skills. Demonstrable track record in a leadership role, operating in a matrix environment to influence and challenge at all levels of the organization.
- Depth of sales management and execution experience, preferably in B2B.
- Adept and inspiring leader that has built and evolved a high performing and diverse team
- Flexibility and ability to adjust quickly new demands, assimilate a vast array of information and shape priorities.
- Commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities
- and define solutions. Client-centric mentality.
- A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and directness. Ability to think longer-term coupled with fast execution of short-term priorities.
- Proven ability to navigate and thrive in a complex, fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Have capacity to become a respected and valued business partner at multiple levels within the organization.
- A sense of humor and humility. Take the work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Act as an ambassador for talent internally and externally. Promote the Visa brand in all that you do, thinking proactively about harnessing the best talent with potential for the organization.
- Experience using Playbook/Salesforce
- Financial modelling and analytical tools
- Knowledge and experience of the payments industry and/or financial services useful though not essential.
- Passion for Sales Operations and the payments industry in general
- An intellectually curious and humble leader with a high degree of compassion, able to engage, enable and inspire others
- A hands-on approach to all activities with real passion and high levels of energy. Agile and comfortable adapting to different environments.
- Courageous innovation: creative and resourceful in overcoming barriers and unexpected roadblocks
- An authentic leader who intuitively engenders an inclusive environment, enabling the business to reach its ambitious goals
- Diversity of thought and experience: continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, takes an inclusive approach
- High personal standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers
- High levels of learning-agility with a real interest in the Fintech ecosystem and a ‘technology / digital-first’ approach.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles.
- Servant leadership mentality, deeply committed to serving and listening to others. Natural ability to build strong relationships and enable collaboration through empathy and authenticity.
- Committed to building a community through Visa Leadership Principles:
1. We Lead by Example
2. We Communicate Openly
3. We Enable and Inspire
4. We Excel with Partners
5. We Act Decisively
6. We Collaborate