Staff Test Engineer (REF17653L) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is recruiting a Staff Test Engineer for Digital Developer Platform group (DDP) to bring creative thinking to some of our key products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
This position will be focus on Test Engineering, and leading test engineers. It is based in Foster City, CA and will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Automating end-end tests of DDP APIs
- Establishing, leading and executing the testing strategy at team level
- Being the voice for testing in the design and roll out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative and innovative mindset to continually evolve and enhance the test strategy and processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing of DDP products
- Investing appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall testing effort for the product
- Coaching and mentoring our talented Test Engineers to nurture and refine their testing mindset and skills
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have minimum of 7 years of Full Time experience in Development and Testing of Software Applications
- Have Agile Development, Continuous Integration and automated testing experience
- Experience with configuration and testing of VIP Online Application Services is highly desired
- Experience with enhancement and maintenance of VIP systems is highly desired
- Have hands-on experience with Automation Technologies
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with Java and RESTful API's
- Be a technologist - confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies
- Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing Testing talent through coaching and mentoring
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.