Manager, Business Operations & Strategy (FULL TIME FIXED CONTRACT 15 MONTHS)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a 15 month, Full Time Fixed Contract.
The Manager will be reporting to the Senior Director, Strategy, Operations & Business Development. This individual will play a key role focusing on Visa’s operations & strategic initiatives in Canada, directly supporting the Visa Country Manager & President, and the Canadian Leadership Team.
- Project ownership and management of key strategic initiatives for the market as defined by the Visa Canada President & Country Manager
- Build strategies using fact-based methodological approach, facilitate internal cross-functional workshops / strategy sessions, conduct business cases, make recommendations to management regarding key business challenges / opportunities (i.e. strategy for key growth segments, market data strategy, etc.)
- In collaboration with the global strategy team, develop and maintain a perspective of relevant global and Canada-specific payments trends and how these impact Canada.
- Analyze VisaNet data, market reports and benchmarks to identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Support annual strategic planning process & development of long-range revenue growth plan
- Own and maintain executive level management reporting: monthly dashboards & scorecard, initiative pipeline, strategic initiative evaluation, quarterly client dashboards, etc.
- Build & optimize sales team / client management operations functions for issuers, acquirers and merchant partners: optimize quarterly business review process, lead development and management of client webinars; oversee coordination of annual client survey; manage weekly client updates to North American group executives; coordinate client hosting & event management, lead Salesforce integration for market, etc.
- Partner with Communications / Public Relations team to develop and maintain an internal & external communications & public relations agenda (i.e. determine Visa presence at external conferences & speaking engagements, develop content strategy, etc.)
- Support Country Manager & President with development and management of presentations & content for key internal and external executive meetings including, for example: Visa Canada Advisory Council, Canadian Executive meetings, CEO market visits, All Staff presentations.
- 4 years of work experience with a 4 year Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience with a 4 year Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. UR Only: MBA/ PhD degree without experience.
- Payments/Financial Services experience preferred
- Strategic thinker with inquisitive mindset; ability to problem solve and work through ambiguity
- Strong project management & planning skills with ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, superb presentation building skills with mastery of relevant tools like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong collaborator with proven track-record of working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports, data analysis & presentations
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with strong business acumen
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.