Executive Administrator, Communications
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Executive Administrator provides direct assistance to the Global Heads of Employee Communications and Corporate Reputation, as well as their broader teams which number ~20 people in total. The role combines administrative and project management with some communications coordination responsibilities, making this an ideal position for an individual looking to develop communications capabilities under the direction of a high-performing team. This position will split time between Visa’s Foster City and San Francisco offices.
This is an individual contributor role with a primary focus on team support and responsibility for the ownership and execution of specific tasks. It is at a developing professional level and receives a moderate level of guidance and supervision.
• Calendar Management: Assist in the management of the two executives’ calendars, including scheduling meetings and conference calls. Also includes meeting coordination for other team members.
• Travel Planning and Arrangements: Plan and book travel for the two executives as well as for their direct reports. Includes researching options with travel partner, assisting with visas or other travel requirements, sourcing restaurants as needed, booking cars and other arrangements.
• Expense Management: Process expense reports on behalf of the executives and provide support as needed to their teams.
• Meeting Coordination: Handle room bookings, AV needs and food orders for team meetings, company wide All-Staffs and other Visa-wide events in Visa University or other venues. Help with logistics for annual summit and team-building events.
• Liaison: Communicate with a broad range of Visa professionals on behalf of the department.
• Budget Reporting & Coordination: Create and maintain a monthly budget summary to track planned and actual expenditures.
• Activity Reporting: Create and maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly department reports that document team activities.
• Employee Onboarding: Coordinate new employee onboarding activities including welcome package, meeting schedule, desk assignment and office equipment. Brief new employees on processes and serve as resource for questions and issues.
• Document Maintenance: Maintain communications process documentation, distribution lists, asset library and message archives.
• Events Support: Manage the logistics and coordination for companywide all-staff meetings and employee events, including room booking, facilities and catering coordination, room set-up, production company support and other activities.
- 1-3 years of past administrative experience supporting a leader and/or team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 or more years of prior administrative experience in a fast moving, corporate environment
- Project management experience
- Experience in a communications role (media, agency or corporate) is a plus
- Skills: Exceptional project management capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office — especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
• Highly organized with strong multitasking skills and ability to prioritize
• Unwavering attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fluid environment where assignments are time-sensitive and can change frequently
• Self-starter who is resourceful and can think outside the box
• Exceptional judgment and discretion regarding sensitive or confidential information
• Interest in communications
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.