Director Debit Products - 12 months fixed term, Sydney or Melbourne
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As part of the Product & Digital Solutions team, this role’s function is to support our Clients drive their Consumer Debit business in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific. It will serve to increase customer preference for their Visa account and position Visa as a strategic partner and enabler of superior value propositions.
The Product team supports the development and implementation of product solutions aligned to our clients’ customer strategies and business plans. The team has a clear focus on delivering thought leadership on retail and corporate banking product development, customer experience and digital strategy, through the design and development of the future payments roadmap.
Based in Sydney or Melbourne, this role will support Visa’s most valued clients in the region
In this role, you will need to be highly collaborative and support the development and implementation of Debit product solutions. You will provide expert advice to clients, by understanding the client's business problem or market opportunity and help them find the right solutions. The Director will consult on the development and subsequent execution of the market and our client’s business strategies, plans, and projects which will deliver the optimal payments experience globally. You will be responsible for the go-to-market strategy and implementation of the Consumer Debit and Prepaid strategy and achieve high levels of client satisfaction and engagement. The person in this role will be known as the residing expert for the Australian and New Zealand markets
The Director is highly proficient in Product CVP design, customer experience and channel management strategies, ongoing portfolio and lifecycle management together with emerging payments and how consumers of the future will transact and make payments. We are looking for a self-starter who has in-depth Debit and Prepaid product management expertise with a strong track record of delivery and whom is digitally curious and technically capable. You should have experience working in a matrixed structure and adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver the best product solutions for our clients.
- Development and delivery of the market product strategy and Visa plan objectives across, Consumer Debit products.
- Optimize our clients current state of the business; CVP development and consulting, customer experience, data analytics, acquisition, activation, spend and retention.
- Achieve specific market product and volume targets, specifically payment volume (pv) and international cash targets.
- Understand emerging payments and how consumers of the future with transact and make payments.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop an enhanced proposition, customer experience and other technologybased solutions.
- Drive go-to-market activities with detailed project management and close engagement with key internal stakeholders across the AUNZSP region.
- Prepare client-ready materials for briefings and support sales and deployment activities.
- Identify opportunities and participate in client and partner co-creation engagements.
- Give compelling presentations to Executive Leadership and external partners.
- Initiate and own any product research to be undertaken for the product team through use of both client and
- Visa analytical tools to make proactive recommendations to client management.
- Develop and maintain detailed best practices, project plans, including detailed tasks and deliverables, resources required, timelines, dependencies and contingencies.
- Development and management of product reporting for the market
10+ years of work experience in product management and development, preferably with a debit and innovation/digital focus - development of customer experience design /customer journeys.
Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
Strong team orientation, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis.
Digitally and innovative oriented, with the propensity to apply new knowledge
Proven presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities.
Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently.
Proven experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data.
Commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.