Director, Payments Acceptance Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Japan Merchant Sales & Acquiring team is responsible for the short and long term growth of merchant acceptance for Visa’s existing and new Digital products and services. The team is focused on expanding acceptance for contactless and enabling a cash free market in conjunction with our Tokyo 2020 Olympic games. The team will achieve its success through working with and through its acquiring partners, key merchant partners and the technology firms driving innovation in the market place.
The MS&A Director role is responsible for increasing the merchant sales volume and acquiring revenue by working with various parties including: Visa licensed financial institutions (acquirers), key merchants, payment facilitators, digital wallet operators and payment gateway providers. The primary focus will be to take ownership of the business relationships with key acquirers and merchants through sales efforts aimed at ensuring that the objectives of acquirers and merchants is met while growing the Visa business. We want our clients to see Visa as a trusted strategic partner that delivers tangible value and easy to do business with.
More specifically, the role encompasses management of merchant acceptance matters, which involves creation of compelling value propositions for acquirers and merchants to:
- Execute the deployment of Visa Contactless to deliver the Future of Payments in Japan and improve the POS experience for cardholders / merchants; ultimately growing electronic payments.
- Lead partnerships with top acquirers through the selling of Visa acceptance products / solutions and deepening the relationship by being a valuable partner to our clients.
- Provide coordinated support to acquirers in developing and executing their go-to-market strategy especially for EMV & Contactless terminal growth
- Develop merchant education material to ensure the best in class POS experience for end users.
- Establish direct relationships with key merchants, identify strategic opportunities for Visa’s capabilities and develop account plans with the objective to drive incremental business and volume
- Negotiate business contracts with acquirers and merchants, and related acquiring parties including payment facilitators, payment gateway providers or digital wallet operators to achieve business goals
- Lead cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to provide merchant centric products and solutions to increase merchant preference for Visa and create business opportunities
- Work closely with CYBS team, deploy future proof products like CtV & Decision manager.
- Bachelor Degree preferably in business management or a related field
- Strong negotiation skills and a solid track record in Sales/Business Development
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong bias for action and resilience
- High level of English language proficiency in formal business communication (verbal and written)
- Japan Language – Native level is required.
- Good knowledge of the acquiring landscape, EMV/NFC technologies and the current terminal landscape in Japan
- Knowledge of the payments industry with 3 years plus experience in the payments industry is preferable