Senior Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales & Acquiring – Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Overall responsibility for the Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) strategy in Vietnam and its implementation as well as the growth and development of meaningful and profitable merchant, acquirer and payment intermediary relations. In addition, this role is responsible for working with the Country Management team on industry & regulatory initiatives and interchange management for the Vietnam market. This role is recognized as the Visa authority on the acceptance of digital payments, industry and regulatory areas in the market.
Oversees the development and implementation of acceptance and merchant strategies that grow the penetration of electronic payments in Vietnam to drive the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via implementing and managing initiatives and projects that will grow revenue via additional processing volume on VisaNet. Responsible for managing the identified key acquirer and merchant relationships. The person taking this role should be able to understand and communicate local market needs to the Country team and the Singapore Hub and Global Merchant Sales & Acquiring organizations so that they are able to effectively and efficiently define market-specific strategies required to manage complex acceptance issues.
The person occupying this position will play a critical role at the Vietnam Country leadership team, influencing peers in providing leadership and strategic guidance to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to successfully support Visa initiatives, while establishing and fostering relationships with merchants, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute the MS&A strategy for Vietnam to increase personal consumption expenditure (PCE) penetration, Visa merchant volume, market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference for Visa
- Management of interchange strategy with key internal stakeholders
- In conjunction with the country management teams, represent Visa on industry bodies and forums
- Development of merchant acquiring strategy and business plans for Vietnam
- Development of new initiatives/solutions, implementation of marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a specific focus on the execution of the government payment strategy
- Ensure a sound and healthy working relationship with key merchants across their ecosystems and lead Sales colleagues in account management of the top acquirers
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management to the direct reports (currently two), establishing a customer focused, performance based culture
- Lead in-market MS&A resources to assure that all goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner, with a resulting high level of client satisfaction
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the MS&A and Interchange organizations with other key Visa stakeholders
- Ensure the MS&A team provides the necessary leadership and support to local Clients / Country teams and to internal stakeholder organizations including Sales, Product, Corporate Relations, Risk, CSS and Legal
- Establish and foster relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management
- Support local Client Sales teams with their sales efforts. Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required
- Maintain and build rapport with Singapore Hub peers and other MS&A colleagues, and functional teams across Visa to exchange, learn and leverage best practices
- Possess strong local market and regulatory knowledge, and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Proven track record and experience in managing a team of sales and specialist professionals
- Minimum 15 years of success in progressive leadership positions in the Payments industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA is preferred
- Working knowledge of Visa systems
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services offered by Visa
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Broad and multiple industry exposure
- General Finance and Accounting
- Strong Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Sales and Relationship management skills
- Project management
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Business analytical analysis
- Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies
- Proven track record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Executive presence