Director, Cybersecurity Engineering
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
In this leadership role, you will take a lead role in the continued innovation of Visa’s Cyber Security strategy and drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class security infrastructure. You will be responsible for leading a premier engineering team that develops, operates and supports a heterogeneous security infrastructure on a global scale for network and endpoint areas. Contributes specialized knowledge and skill in network security and endpoint security to the team. Resolves and makes decisions on security issues to eliminate risk. Performs research, analysis, and design of security controls appropriate for the classification of data stored or processed in the enterprise. Works with vendors and control owners to modify, maintain and govern security controls to address changes in business processes and security regulations. Highlights and communicates clearly any risks that an intended solution may pose to corporate data. Participate and evaluate network and security controls; help to implement infrastructure network controls; establish and document processes for executing network controls to ensure the controls are working as designed.
• Lead a team of security engineers responsible for design, implementation, attack mitigation and ongoing support of complex security systems to fulfill business needs
• Lead critical projects for the deployments and hardening of sensitive infrastructure in untrusted environments to fulfill critical business needs
• Deep understanding of and ability to mentor on security systems at different layers such as network, cloud, endpoint, data security etc.
• Manage staff, including hiring, goal setting, annual reviews, and compensation planning and career development.
· Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications
· Prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
· Respond to and assist with due diligence and internal / external security audit requests
· Represent Visa at international information security and cyber security communities globally
· Support, implement and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and practices
· Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to security standards and processes
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 10+ years of total experience in Information technology and/or information security
- At least 5+ years of experience and hands-on technical expertise in information security such as penetration testing, security infrastructure tuning / deployment and/or security consulting
- At least 2+ years in a leadership role, which includes managing security experts
- Experience in a leadership role deploying and hardening infrastructure in untrusted environments
- Detail understanding of DDoS Attacks and its mitigation strategies.
- Detail understanding of OWASP controls, ATT&CK frameworks
- Knowledge of PCI/DSS and its technical controls
- Experience with security of distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Experience delivering large scale, highly available security solutions
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Experience on leading complex projects cross-functionally and globally
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
Relevant security certifications such as OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, CEH, etc. are a major plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.