Business Analyst - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Business Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- We are seeking a leader to work directly with a top UK bank to deliver positive change for Visa, the Bank and, most importantly, their consumers.
- The candidate will be tasked with supporting a long term program of work, with the objective of implementing market leading solutions and propositions for Visa and the Bank
- The candidate will be exposed to all areas of the payments and banking landscape, and as such they will need a strong appreciation of the complex and competing drivers & priorities within the ecosystem
- The candidate will be responsible for all data and business analysis requirements for the program, utilising Visa’s exceptional data set to identify and quantify areas of opportunity for Visa and the Bank
- The candidate will play in critical role in understanding consumer problems and identifying opportunities, building upon quantitative analysis with qualitative insights to drive executive decision making, running research as required.
- The candidate will play a key role in the development of propositions within the program, working with the wider team to build propositions and implement solutions to support the Bank’s consumers
- The candidate will be joining the team at the very start of the program, and therefore there will be significant opportunity to play a key role in the direction and strategy of the program and for future growth
- The program will be digital first, looking to leverage technology and innovation to deliver positive change, so a digital disposition and passion for innovation is a must
What we expect of you, day to day
- Perform data extraction, processing and analysis to support the explicit needs of individual initiatives
- Apply data analysis methods and techniques to large, complex data sets, identifying the macro focus areas for the team
- Creation and delivery of business cases to support prioritisation and management of initiatives
- Utilise data insights to develop propositions alongside the team, following the Visa proposition development process (Discover, Define, Develop & Deliver)
- Creation of project content across different mediums such as analysis, reports and presentations
- Regularly report upon and present findings to stakeholders across Visa and the Bank
- Stakeholder management across all levels of Visa’s and the Bank’s businesses; identifying individuals, building relationships and regularly engaging to ensure smooth delivery of the program
- Collaborate with the nominated counterpart inside the bank, developing a deep understanding of their needs and building relationships across the technology and delivery teams
- Understand, articulate and champion the consumer and business needs for change across the initiatives, working with the team to ensure a consistent approach to developing propositions
What we’re after…
- These individuals should be self-starters, with the ability to think and act independently and having an excellent attention to detail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Strong experience extracting and manipulating large datasets using standard tools and is effective at learning new tools
- Strong track record of developing customer centric, data driven propositions within financial services or equivalent industry – a consulting background is desired
- Excellent business and data analysis skills, with a critical thinking mindset
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Sound understanding of the product proposition lifecycle and go to market approach
- Sound knowledge and experience of new technology, fintech and challenger banks
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to influence with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, specifically in working in a ‘matrixed’ environment
- Candidates should be happy to regularly travel across the UK
- Proficient in data analysis tools such as SQL, VisualBasic and SAS is required
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.