Director, San Francisco Innovation Center Client Experience Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As the steward of the global payments ecosystem, Visa leads the industry by investing heavily in innovation and the emerging technologies that accelerate secure digital payments for global commerce. Our San Francisco Innovation Center is Visa’s flagship, state-of-the-art facility that acts as the applied evangelist for Visa’s innovation agenda and industry leadership to global stakeholders. Hosting hundreds of clients and partners annually, the San Francisco Innovation Center is a full-stack team of digital native talent who are passionate about enabling Visa’s most ambitious clients to explore and commercialize the highest impact emerging payments experiences and capabilities. The team actively works across financial institutions, merchants, technology partners, and government officials, to share Visa’s insights and to collaborate on new payment solutions that lead the industry. The Innovation team includes product managers, designers, engineers, strategists, payment enthusiasts, and thought leaders who are passionate champions for customer experience.
The Director, San Francisco Innovation Center Client Experience Product Manager is a highly visible and wide-ranging role that regularly engages with the international clients, thought leaders, client executives, and the Visa executive team. This client-facing role is the perfect job for an outgoing, dynamic, positive, self-starter with a voracious appetite for learning and a love of the payments industry. Lastly, the person should be a “SWAN” – someone who is Smart, Works hard, Ambitious and Nice!
The position is based in downtown San Francisco at Visa’s worldwide headquarters office in One Market Plaza.
· 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 7+ years combined industry and/or product management experience; Undergraduate degree required
- 5+ years in user experience and service design
- Payments subject matter expertise required
- Knowledge of Visa, its strategy, and its operating culture required
- Strategic systems thinker
- An aptitude for solving unstructured problems and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Intellectually curious and an avid reader on emerging technologies
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions and deliver on time with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Ability to act independently in a complex environment, with little supervision
- Ability to analyze and direct teams to achieve Visa’s strategic goals
- Self-motivated with proven track record of achieving tangible results
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with an eye for details
- Strong analytical mindset to collect and interpret data to solve problems and influence critical decisions
- Written and verbal communication; ability to tailor written content to different audiences to effectively influence and bring key stakeholders across functions together
- Gets energy from interacting with a diverse set of people, taking on new challenges and creating new ground breaking experiences
The primary objective of the role is to proactively manage the innovation center client experience which involves curation of cutting edge, future of payments immersions impacting the payments industry and future of commerce. The San Francisco Innovation Center located at Visa’s global headquarters and hosts clients from around the world. This role will own the end to end showcase of product demo’s, consumer experiences and the clients journey. Multiple lenses must be applied when thinking about the client journey when visiting the center as they will be representative of companies across the global payments ecosystem and directly impact Visa’s customer relationships and revenue. This position will report directly to the Senior Director, San Francisco Innovation Center Strategy & Operations. The role will be responsible for:
Product Manage the Innovation Center Client Experience:
- Owner/gatekeeper of the end-end client experience of future of payment experience demonstrations
- Work with stakeholders & product teams to identify content updates on an ongoing basis
- Prioritize and manage backlog of identified updates
- Work cross-functionally to create detailed requirements and design definition for updates
- Create and manage workflow for updates across design, engineering, IT, ranging from quick file uploads to redesigned flows and demos
- Refresh and manage documentation, training materials, and strategic narrative quarterly
- Communicate tour changes to stakeholders including the San Francisco Innovation team, Account Executives, Product Managers, Executives, etc.
- Close partnership w/ corporate IT to deliver and maintain experiences
Engage Directly with Senior Sales & Product Leadership:
- Regularly plan and proactively manage an emerging product pipeline with senior leadership across merchant, issuer, fintechs, IoT and other emerging technology domains to ensure content at HQ is relevant, ambitious and inspiring
- Build strategic partnerships across the business, helping execute on North America Scorecard and Product goals as well as showcase the very best of Visa to all our ecosystem constituents
- Work cross functionally to help curate leading edge activations for anyone who visits the Innovation Center (combination of refreshable self-service and guided tour experiences)
- Be the go-to payments thought leader showcasing the best of existing and futuristic capabilities that our clients and partners recognize as business differentiators.
Industry Thought Leadership and Emerging Trends Education:
- Build and optimize efficient processes for regularly refreshing innovation center experiences
- Communicate with account executives and product community regularly on hot topics and emerging trends to showcase our Innovation thought leadership
- Develop quarterly POV’s and thought leadership content to be shared through various internal and external channels
- Guide senior clients through visits at our center and speak on industry trends and the value Visa provides to clients and partners
- Drive differentiation and improved NPS Client Engagement Scores on Innovation
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.