Director, North America Marketing FP&A
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a strategic finance leader to join the North America Finance team. This highly visible people-manager role provides an unparalleled opportunity to influence one of the most dynamic and impactful organizations at Visa – Marketing! The Finance Director will collaborate with the Marketing organization to develop financial strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision-making. He or she will own the long-term planning, annual budgeting, and periodic forecasting processes for the core business and provide detailed monthly reports and analysis directly to Business Leaders. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in financial and general business analysis, preferably with a public company, and demonstrated experience managing complex finance processes and experience engaging with business partners.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant quantitative field; MBA strongly preferred
- 8-12 years of professional experience with 4-6 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience ideal and/or experience leading a Financial Planning & Analysis (or similar) team with a thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Client-focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Advanced level of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Additional experience with a complex financial system (e.g., Oracle) is beneficial
Strategic Advice and Partnership:
- Partner with head of business to develop long term financial plans
- Develop and present strategic insights about the business
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Lead performance diagnostics, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
- Become a trusted business partner to all business units and executive management
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan and analysis
- Interpret and present key findings for senior leadership audience
- Enable management by providing timely, accurate information
- Understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for monthly and quarterly performance reporting for optimal result
- Spearhead ad-hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization(s)
- Decision support to senior finance leadership on investment / project decisions as well as strategic organizational and functional developments
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
- Integration of finance into the business; attend team meetings / understanding of the business
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with each business partner
- Timely, meaningful views on their business
- Dialogue around budget and spend to optimize budget and investments; return-on-investment discipline
- Robust toolkit to help manage the business and enable management decision making
- Attract, recruit and train top talent into the Finance organization
- Mentor and manage a team of high performing finance resources by helping to create a center of excellence and instilling best practices across finance
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires no travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.