Senior Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner, Technology
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Senior Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner, Technology to act as the primary HR business partner to the EVP, Technology. This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives leading each of these critical areas of Visa's business. He/she will have a commercially-focused mindset and help translate those issues to human resources capabilities. The individual will have global partnership responsibilities accounting for an employee population of approximately 7000 employees. This individual will also be a key member of the HR leadership team and work closely with their internal counterparts for successful planning and delivery of HR programs and services to the business. The Global HR Executive will operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to functional executives and to other members of the company's senior management team, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a broad-based and transformational talent agenda designed to recruit, develop and retain the very best innovative talent in the business;
- Direct the human resources organization within client groups to develop and execute best practices to promote employee engagement and to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to the company's strategic growth;
- Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives in client groups;
- Drive an effective client-service HR team that instills company-wide trust and value for the HR function;
- Ensure that strategic human capital goals and initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization.
- Ensure that human resource costs and services are aligned with organizational goals.
- 15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 12 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a PhD
- Fifteen-plus years of human resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition. Industry experience is open with a strong preference for fin/tech or technology. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred.
- Ten-plus years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business.
- Experience in a growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to operate strategically and have a hands-on approach.
- Successful implementation of operational and strategic HR programs and processes across a dispersed region. Possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when and how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted and institutionalized.
Other Personal Characteristics
Strong Intellect: Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical: Can be trusted to do only the right thing for the employees, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values and Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence) and has the capability to lead and motivate a team. Demonstrates commitment to growing and developing internal talent.
Results Oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HRs impact and how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor and listens first.
Self-starter: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident and highly articulate.
Vsa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.