Analyst LAC Pricing and Interchange
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Analyst will be a member of Visa's Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Strategy Team, which is responsible for strategy development, pricing and interchange for Visa’s business in the LAC region. The position will be based in Miami with some travel expected.
§ Basic Qualifications
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or
- Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
§ Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years total professional or internship experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, pricing, banking or finance.
- Ability to develop content independently and prioritize workflow, and to adapt to changes in priorities quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Quick-thinker, fast learner, wide general knowledge, problem solver
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling. Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to interact and build credibility with functional and regional stakeholders within Visa.
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required, Portuguese a plus.
§ Essential Functions
- Identify, prioritize, and execute the pricing and interchange activities required to support Visa’s strategies and priorities.
- Work on cross-functional initiatives in support of the economic model underlying Visa’s products, services and global payments processing network.
- Collaborate with all facets of Visa’s business in evaluating and managing pricing and interchange change opportunities, from forecasting and business case design to stakeholder impact assessment and key partner communications.
- Query large databases to obtain the data necessary to evaluate different pricing and interchange opportunities. Build financial cost-benefit analyses and modeling to determine impacts for issuers, acquirers, merchants and Visa using VisaNet data, and make recommendations to management.
- Support the development of rigorous, fact-based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations.
- Participate in the development of executive level communications. Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to internal stakeholders
- Support the publication of changes in Visa pricing and interchange rates. Provide Visa client-facing staff, pricing and interchange rates and qualification criteria as well as field additional ad-hoc questions, requests and analysis on pricing and interchange.
- Interact with Global Pricing and Interchange teams.
- Develop and update reports / dashboards to evaluate performance of rates.
§ Work Hours
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
§ Physical Requirements
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.