Accountant, Finance Operations
- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Finance Operation business analyst role reports to the Brazil Finance Director and is responsible to assist Business Functions as Account Receivables, Account Payables, T&E, Taxes and internal and external Clients and other functional areas, which are related to Finance Operation area. The role act as an advisory for the key functions in Brazil supporting the proper execution of transactions under the requirements of a variety of finance policies and procedures.
In addition to the above, the finance analyst will also provide oversight to other transactions involving Prepayment, travel, entertainment, Oracle R12, based on guidance provided by regional and global management. The incumbent should have a solid understanding of corporate card program and T&E policies and procedures and should provide oversight of any identified areas of control weaknesses, being responsible to validate and coordinate policy exception requirements for the country and then channel these to the Local Controller.
The Finance Analyst acts as a key representative from the Finance Operation team and will work with cross-functional group Controllership (Accounting and Operation Support) and also with all Business Units in building a strong relation and payment process control environment in the country and will perform a critical role in the implementation of existing policies and procedures
- Receivables functions in the area by overseeing the process from the initiation stages to the final phase.
- Accurate issued invoices into the system.
- Ensure that appropriate supporting documentation is in place and in accordance to Visa´s Policy to support invoice receivable.
- Appropriate follow-up on Business Units in order to get the support documents to process invoice on time if needed.
- Generate Cash Flow projections.
- Assists Finance Operation area to advice on Visa´s policies and procedures in the market.
- Partner with Controllership and Operation Support team in the monitoring of Financial processes to ensure proper approvals and documentation required were in place/delivered.
- Collaborates with Local Controller and Operations Support to monitor deviations from policies and procedures
- Assists in the customization and presentation of training sessions for key policies in partnership with local Finance Operation team and other control functions / policy owners;
- Review supporting documentation and reconciliation of receivables to ensure it is in accordance with contractual terms/approvals obtained
- Prepare and issue local invoice for local billing process and collection.
- Clear issued invoice in Oracle System once the client payment is identified on Bank statement.
- Ensure a strong knowledge of policies and procedures such as VIK, Prepayments, T&E, Sourcing, Anti-Bribery, Global Sponsorship and Key Controls.
- Provide a high level of confidence to the Finance Director and Local Controller that all significant key controls and corporate policies and procedures were understood by effectively communicating policy and control processes to key stakeholders.
- Process and documents across the finance functions are well prepared, coordinated, consistent and recorded.
- Support the Local Controller in helping develop remediation plans to address new and recurring issues, based on issues identified in country.
- Adequate validation of supplier/partner obligations; upfront payments are properly justified and controlled.
- Timely reporting of all incidents.
- Support controllership related training and associated record-keeping.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or accounting discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance Operation preferably accounts receivables and payable/payment area and Taxes
- Prior work experience in a Finance area.
- Excellent finance, tax, T&E and accounting knowledge
- Good problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues and risks, including root cause analysis
- Ability to anticipate and identify opportunities to establish standards and controls, as well as develop and recommend solutions
- Provides recommendations to the Finance Operations Director and Local Controller on creating a strong compliance culture
- Interprets a range of policies & procedures and helps meet procedures requirements, standards, processes to payments, receivables, T&E, assess, report, and mitigate operations risk and compliance-related issues.
- Conducts root cause analysis and identifies required resources to correct and prevent compliance exceptions.
- Support and administer controllership related training initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrate good judgement in determining when to escalate to the Supervisor and/or Local Controller on non-compliance issues and policy deviations.
- Interacts with local Finance Director and Local Controller Compliance, Sourcing, Business Units, Legal and internal/external clients.
- Collaborates with local function leaders (e.g., Sales, Acceptance, Product, Marketing, Finance and Corporate Services).
- Expected to demonstrate independent decision-making and judgment, and issue resolution.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.