Project Manager - Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information
products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Commercial Card, Fraud/Authentication and Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our application development is on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
Our Project Managers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on-time delivery into our production systems.
A strong candidate will have solid experience with technology/ product program management, people management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis,
problem-solving, cross-team coordination, project/program management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done. The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a “make it happen” attitude.
- Responsible for managing large scale, cross divisional program/projects with budgets
in excess of $10M.
- Work with Product Owners to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Ensure the program and projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is reported regularly on program progress and financial status.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings.
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- Management of multiple Scrum Teams with geographically distributed team members.
- Drive Scrum Teams to self-organization, utilizing Agile Best Practices responsible for end-to-end Feature Management, i.e., Feature Grooming, Feature/Release Planning, Sprint Cycle, Release Management
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts
- Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules.Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
10+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Project Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications.
Excellent analytical skills and enthusiastic problem solver
Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
Strong knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks.
Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels.
Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage one’s time.
Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
CSM certification is required. PMP and SPC certifications are highly preferred but not required.
Bachelor or Masters Degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent
Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required. Working knowledge of Clarity PPM and Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki, Tableau, and JIRA strongly preferred. As a member of the Technology organization, technical savvy, with desire and ability to learn new software is a must.
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.