- Foster City, California, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Systems Analyst is a go to role for technology team for product requirements, business analysis, system use cases and impact assessment due to changes in other VISA systems, for VISA’s global dispute management system known as Visa Resolve Online. Visa Resolve Online (VROL) is a web-based application that enforces the rules and workflow of disputes. VROL is a mandated service that is crucial to the Visa brand promise of providing secure and reliable payment services by ensuring that cardholders, merchants, and issuing/acquiring financial institutions have a clear dispute process and enabling technology, making resolution of disputed transactions fast and easy.
The Systems Analyst will be part of VROL analyst team responsible for managing requirements, working with business partners to define the scope of product enhancements, and translate those requirements into written detailed use case documentation and functional requirements specifications.
This position reports to a Director of Global Dispute Processing organization and is based in Foster City.
- The primary responsibility will be to work with product office & technology teams to review and understand business requirements and to translate those requirements into detailed uses cases
- Effectively use planning tools such as Jira to develop documents and to provide clear vision for scope, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, product requirements, acceptance criteria and other materials as needed to support technical design, development and QA activities
- Ensure requirements issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Work very closely with development team, participate in high level solution of the product
- Work closely with QA team to validate and ensure the high quality product releases
- Effectively communicate plan, status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Contribute to development integration testing process to assure that developed solutions meet business requirements and use case scenarios
- Engage closely with Product office and other groups to document non-functional requirements
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills and presentation skills to effectively communicate
- Strong business analytical skills to develop technical and functional requirements, use cases, user stories and other related artifacts
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good foundation in Software Development lifecycle is required
- Understanding of application programming, API development and system design is a plus
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during and beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law