Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (REF18278O) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are creating a set of Fintech APIs to enable our business partners to create innovative products powered by Visa’s services and networks. You are a full stack software engineer who is creative, adaptable, and fun to work with. You will need the following to succeed in this position:
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining secure RESTful APIs for financial transactions (Java)
- Experience documenting SDKs and APIs with clear tutorials and sample apps that other developers can identify with (Swagger)
- Experience creating web applications that can be referenced as examples of best practices for integration with our APIs (ReactJS, HTML, CSS)
- Experience prototyping native mobile apps for iOS and Android (Java, Swift, Kotlin, Flutter)
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Published at least one app in App Store or Google Play
- Strong in both native iOS and Android development
- Experience programming in Java
- Ability to work full stack, and be flexible on different platforms and components of a complex system
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.