Sr. Project Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our Visa Net network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Operations and Infrastructure’s Third Party Technology Management (3PTM) team provides data analysis, reporting, and support for how assets are utilized and managed to inform strategic Technology decisions. The team focuses on projects that protect Visa's core business/brand, deliver cost efficiencies and increase corporate effectiveness through standardized project management and agile practices and decisive leadership. A Sr. Project Analyst in this role is an autonomous, analytically-minded individual that thrives in an environment where processes and data structure are in early stages of development. The position requires an experienced project manager that is able to gather, manipulate, and present data to a wide range of functional specialties including executive leadership while being able to flex between the strategic and tactical level of work. The individual in this role requires the right mix of relevant experience and skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy with an ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
- Experience in organizational change management and user experience
- Proven ability to deliver Business Requirements or Functional Specifications documents and Use Cases
- Proven ability to create and manage User Acceptance Test cases and scripts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Must be able to integrate well into an existing team of technical and project professionals
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
- Strong knowledge of Office software, such as PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Identify business analysis deliverables for projects and manage their execution
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops,
- surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios,
- business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Manage the communication of new services, tracking effectiveness, and leveraging
- multiple channels for an effective message.
- Identify and meet with user groups to solicit feedback and provide updates on new
- services and the performance of existing services.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts,
- decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers and vendors to analyze
- information needs to deliver Business and or Functional Requirements Document and Use Cases according to standard templates, using natural language, as needed
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Drive and challenge technology owners on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Liaise between the business units, technology teams and support teams to insure clear communications among stakeholders
- Participate in solution reviews to assess user experience to identify usability impacts and recommend solutions or processes to mitigate impacts
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in two or more technical areas to be able to develop and manage communications and interactions with end users
- Be able to develop a business plan for a new technical proposal including the development of a business case to assess the Return On Investment
- Be a change agent, ensuring users embrace new and innovative technology
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Multiple locations possible - Austin,TX; Ashburn, VA; Highlands Ranch, CO