Analyst, Merchant Sales & Solutions, Indonesia
- Jakarta, Indonesia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Indonesia Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) team is responsible for the short and long-term growth of merchant acceptance for Visa’s existing and new Digital products and services. The team is focused on scaling the contactless acceptance, increase ecommerce penetration, deepen the under penetrated segment & geography and enabling a cashless market, in conjunction with Indonesia Acceptance Program (IAP) as well as Visa funded initiatives. The team will achieve its success through working with and through its acquiring partners, key merchant partners and the technology firms driving innovation in the market place.
The MS&A Analyst is responsible for supporting the MS&A Business Development Leader in developing and executing the programs, including monitoring and reviewing the program performance. The role also include supporting the MS&A Indonesia team in analyzing VisaNet data, identifying the under-penetrated segment, understanding the current acceptance landscape and stakeholders. This is a rare career opportunity to work in this dynamic environment.
The role holder will be working with various parties including: Visa licensed financial institutions (acquirers), key merchants, payment facilitators, digital wallet operators and payment gateway provider as well as internal stakeholder across various function.
- Perform assessment based on VisaNet data and any external data (Euro Monitor, etc.) to analyze the acceptance penetration, distribution across segment & geography, as part of identifying the opportunity.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis on program utilization based on the business dynamics, internal and external client requests
- Supporting the business development team to develop business case & proposals, and execution including contract management, verification and validation program result, reporting, monitoring and reviewing the program result against target
- Working closely with Finance and Operations team on budgeting, forecasting and expense management (including payment processing, PR/PO)
- Supporting MS&A Indonesia team on Performance Dashboard, Reporting Requirement and Quarterly Business Review, both internally and externally
- Supporting the MS&A Indonesia team to ensure compliance with policies & procedures
- Managing selected Acceptance Program as part of the learning and development
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Business Management, Accounting or Mathematics. MBA is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the Indonesia payments landscape, emerging players, business models, and trends is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the payments industry (Issuing and Acquiring) is preferred
- Data literacy and ability to learn how to pull data from internal Visa systems to help tell a story
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, comfortable working independently and able to work collaboratively with a variety of team members including cross-geographies teams at all levels
- Ability to work against tight timelines in a high intensity environment and also multi-tasking
- Have strong analytical thinking, working with numbers, problem solving and persistence
- High proficiency on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- High level of English language proficiency in formal business communication (verbal and written)