Risk Management Analyst (Open to locations within CEMEA)
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Supplier Risk Management team is a part of the Global Sourcing organization at Visa. When Visa buys goods or services from suppliers, we must understand the risk of buying those goods or services. If there are risks to Visa, we conduct appropriate due diligence on the supplier before the contract is signed. Applying a risk-based approach to engaging suppliers is good, ethical business practice to protect Visa, our employees and our clients. Moreover, our clients expect us, as one of their critical suppliers, to have a strong supplier risk management program to protect them and their clients and cardholders. In fact, the banks and Visa are subject to various regulatory (e.g. Bank of England, FFIEC) and legal requirements put in place to protect consumers. Visa’s supplier risk management program is designed to ensure we meet all these requirements.
This role is to support the Supplier Risk Management Program. The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate incoming supplier engagements and ensure suppliers are accurately and efficiently risk assessed in Visa's Supplier Risk Manager tool. This includes assessing supplier engagement for risk exposure by validating services and inherent risks, working with risk stakeholder programs (Anti-Bribery, Physical Security, Data Privacy, etc.) to complete due diligence requirements and determine residual risks, and work closely with all parties to resolve and close risk issues. Since, this is one of the most critical steps in the process to determine potential risk levels of the incoming supplier engagements, this role will be required to co-ordinate with Business Owners wherever necessary to obtain detailed information or clarification and document updates as evidences of change in engagement records. This role will also need to identify risk profiles of the incoming engagement and evaluate existing information to be able to leverage previous due diligence conducted. This role will need to ensure timely maintenance and updates for supplier profiles in the Visa Supplier Manager tool which includes: new suppliers are validated and set up in the VSM tool on a timely basis; parent/child relationships are correctly connected, etc.
In addition, the analyst will be supporting operational reporting metrics and SLAs. SRMP reports monthly to the Operational Risk Subcommittee and annually to the Corporate Risk Committee and FFIEC and the analyst will support requests for these types of management reporting.
- Manage incoming risk assessments and conduct due diligence evaluations of suppliers for a specific region or category of services/products
- Conduct ongoing periodic risk assessment of suppliers to ensure inherent and residual risk remain accurate
- Understanding of inherent risks, controls, and residual risks as applicable for companies in the financial services and technology industry to evaluate risk profiles to determine if the responses for questions in request submitted by Business Owners accurately represent the supplier risk posed to Visa by the requested goods and services
- Ability to act as a liaison between different stakeholders and business owners to ensure accurate risk and control information related to the requested goods and services is being documented
- Ability to quickly develop strong understanding of the process flow and risk logic within the supplier manager tool to successfully support business and risk stakeholder in completing risk assessments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent internal customer service to ensure SLAs are met in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Good to have proficiency in Financial Systems (Ariba, iProcurement, Oracle, Hiperos) to be able to understand data flow in various systems and determine most efficient course of action to remedy issues.
- Have an understanding of relational databases to be able to pull and synthesis large amount of data from Visa Supplier Manager(VSM) tool in order to support various reporting requirements.
- Develop and run consistent and accurate reports related to the supplier list and analyze data to prepare supplier reporting for senior management
- Store the artifacts of the supplier oversight process in Visa systems.
- Identify issues with the output of the SRMP Tool which need to be addressed and corrected.
- Identify improvements to the process or changes to the VSM tool in order to streamline or improve end user experience
- 1-2 years of experience in risk, vendor management or audit professional, preferably with a major financial institution or payment card company
- 1-2 years of evaluating and managing supplier risk in a regulated environment, preferably financial services, including, the current bank examination and review process.
- Understanding of inherent risks, controls and residual risks and/or risk assessments of entities in financial or payment industry
- 1-2 experience in system administration, reporting/analytics
- 1-2 years of experience in software engineering with experience in configuring SAAS solutions
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action.
- Excellent customer service and customer support skills.
- Experience with successful support internal customers and suppliers.
- Detail orientation and strong analytical skills and experience in evaluating inherent risk in engaging suppliers.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate effectively as a team player.
- Flexibility and ability to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in business, economics or risk will be appreciated