DevOps Sr. Software Engineer - Data Product Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role will have special focus on promoting DevOps model to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery. Devops Engineer must have a very deep understanding of various development tools and technologies. This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices. Own Continuous Delivery specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. Enable developers to ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support.
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Schedule, implement, and automate security compliance patching and updates on Development and QA servers.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Engage with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
- Support, troubleshoot and analyze code on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Responsible for deploying code and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
- Production Release Implementation plan and Install Support
- Developer Efficiency Tools (Focusing on Freeing up Development staff to focus on deliverables)
- Integrating Code Quality tools and Code Analysis tools into IDE’s
- Implementing Automation to improve coding efficiency
- Integrations with each SCM Tools
- CI/CD Onboarding
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in software industry in either development or build and release in Java, .NET environment.
- Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework. Experience with Build, Deployment and CI tools such as GIT, TFS Vnext, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
- A working understanding of code, must be proficient with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Groovy.
- Experience with automation/tools configuration management using either Chef, Docker or an equivalent, focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency.
- Experience with Servicenow API integration with CICD tools.
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proactive and self-motivated – willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster iterations.
- Strong track record of learning new tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where iterative changes may need to go out in rapid succession.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.